Orlando Sentinel

downtowngal

fruit cove, why be such a jerk about everything? I didn't say that the Hulk was the best, its ranked on Theme Park Insider, and its also something that Universal is very proud of (I work there) so they brag about it, okay?

And also, Orlando has a great nightlife. You go to Pleasure Island when you are in town on vacation because you don't know better.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i must of misread it but i could of sworn u said hulk was #1. im not meaning to piss ne1 off. but when ppl trash jax ill trash them back. ive lived here my whole life and love it. wouldnt trade it for the world.all im saying is i prefer jax and from what i dont like orlando nearly as much. but i do like going to ioa. ive been there 6 times and always stop there when im down. and ive nvr been to pleasure island. i prefer the la nouba. sp? ...neways sorry

So you love your city so much you bash ours. I've lived in Orlando my entire life, and if you wanna bash it, I'm prepared to bash back.

And many respected forms of media (magazines, web sites, etc.) in the theme park business constantly rank the Hulk as the best coaster in the world. Some of them (like Screamscape.com) have pushed it down to #2 due to the Top Thrill Dragster, which isn't even a coaster IMO, but nonetheless Hulk, Kraken and DD are all consistently ranked higher than any of Busch's coasters.

i must of misread it but i could of sworn u said hulk was #1. im not meaning to piss ne1 off. but when ppl trash jax ill trash them back. ive lived here my whole life and love it. wouldnt trade it for the world.all im saying is i prefer jax and from what i dont like orlando nearly as much. but i do like going to ioa. ive been there 6 times and always stop there when im down. and ive nvr been to pleasure island. i prefer the la nouba. sp? ...neways sorry

La Nouba is at Downtown Disney, which includes the West Side, the Marketplace, and Pleasure Island. Tourists go there for obvious reasons.

but since this is orlando vs. JACKSONVILLE. Heres some JAX facts. More than 100 countries import and export goods through Jacksonville's port, which is the No. 1 port in Florida for imports measured by cargo value, handling more than $9 billion worth of imported goods annually. ---- Entrepreneur magazine ranked Jacksonville second in its "Best Big Cities for Small Business." ----With a median age of 34.4 years, Jacksonville is the "youngest" major city in Florida----In its January 2002 issue, Expansion Management magazine ranked Jacksonville as the #1 "Hottest City" in America for business relocation. Jacksonville has ranked in the top ten for four straight years and is the only city to be ranked #1 twice---- it is Florida's least hurricane-prone coastal city.

The Jacksonville International Airport is the 4th fastest growing airport in the US (based on the 100 largest airports) and the fastest growing airport in Florida. ----

Lynyrd Skynyrd, yellow card, and Limp Bizkit started their bands in Jacksonville. orlando has nsync and backstreet...that alone confirms orlando citizens are a little off. any ways......what now orlando?

The Jacksonville International Airport is the 4th fastest growing airport in the US (based on the 100 largest airports) and the fastest growing airport in Florida. ----

Lynyrd Skynyrd, yellow card, and Limp Bizkit started their bands in Jacksonville. orlando has nsync and backstreet...that alone confirms orlando citizens are a little off. any ways......what now orlando?

Orlando International is no slouch either, not only in expansion but also its current numbers. OIA has the most domestic passengers in the state of Florida annually at over 29,000,000.

And bands, well, who cares really? Orlando's scene is better known whether you like it or not. There are other bands from this area as well aside from popstars (Creed, Matchbox 20).

JAX and Orlando are different places entirely so this comparison is stupid.

that alone confirms orlando citizens are a little off.

Sounds like jealousy to me.

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Sucks.

yellow card

Are you serious?

Limp Bizkit

Worst band on the face of the Earth.

Our local music scene does not include boy bands. They aren't even from here. Familiarize yourself with Orlando's real music scene, then we'll talk. Speaking of music scenes, you're really getting desperate. What's that have to do with cities? Couldn't find anything else Jacksonville has you considered worthy of mentioning?

Freebird!

In the late 90's both Jax and Orlando had great local music scenes. I couldn't say how they are now. But I've always seen them as equals in that category. Tampa maybe a step above them both, equal with Gainesville. Miami is way down on the list. There's very little support for local acts around here.

Archived