UrbanPlanet is 1 Year Old!

monsoon

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let there be many more years ahead of us! It's amazing to see how far we've come and I'm extremely excited about where we're headed! Many additions are coming in the future to make this a truly one-of-a-kind experience for all of our members and visitors! Thank you to every member! This site lives because of you so thank you so very much!

Have a look at this. This is what UP looked like slightly less than a year ago;)

http://web.archive.org/web/20041025030452/...net.org/forums/

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So many things have changed since then...it's hard to believe!

We just gained our 6000th member today even!

BTW: Cute banner there with the Jack o' lantern and all.

yea, that one from about a year ago has too many categories on the home page and does not look very useable. The current edition of UrbanPlanet is very well organized and easy to use. It is amazing what it has evolved into.

Have to agree there, though.

So many things have changed since then...it's hard to believe!

We just gained our 6000th member today even!

BTW: Cute banner there with the Jack o' lantern and all.

yea, that one from about a year ago has too many categories on the home page and does not look very useable. The current edition of UrbanPlanet is very well organized and easy to use. It is amazing what it has evolved into.

Have to agree there, though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Neo use to have Frankenstein and Santa Claus on the banners too :)

This site is fantastic. I remember when I first discovered the Boston UP forum and stayed up all night reading posts and looking at pictures. And it is a blast to just be sitting at my desk as the RSS feed shoots posts at me. And Smart City Radio podcasts! This makes me realize how well this site utilizes the latest technology of the information revolution.

Thank you to the founders of UP. You really started something special.

Yes, I LOVE UP! It would be cool though to get more smileys  :whistling:  B) . I especially like the very toothy grin like .. umm.. another site has.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol: I'm addicted to the use of smileys as well. They can be very effective sometimes.

• 1 month later...

Archived