Excellent Spartanburg Aerial

Spartan

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

You need to get a host such as photobucket, which is free. There are some size restrictions, but I have never had any major problems with them. I use it for all of my hosting needs.

Once you have that set up, use the IMG tag that photobucket provides beneath the picture, which should be in this format:

[img=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/Spartanburger/Spartanburg/cityspartanburgscdowntown.jpg]

Then, you paste that into your post, which will produce the image like so:

cityspartanburgscdowntown.jpg

Let me know if you have any other questions about it :)

Wow, what luck! Thanks for resurfacing this thread. Just 5 minutes ago I realized that I didn't know what downtown Spartanburg looks like, and fortunately when I opened this forum, this thread was near the top! Cool aerial (even though it was posted months ago).

IS the BB&T building what used to be the Flagstar/ Denny's building?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The BB&T building, at 17 floors, is Spartanburg's tallest building. Indeed, it was the Flagstar Building and is still the home of Denny's. BB&T, strangely, vacated the building but keeps it's logo there.

IS the BB&T building what used to be the Flagstar/ Denny's building?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep. It went from Flagstar to Advantica to Denny's. Its most commonly referred to these days as "Denny's Tower." I have never understood why they left the BB&T up there either. That said, I would rather see BB&T up there than the yellow Denny's sign.

Wow, what luck!  Thanks for resurfacing this thread.  Just 5 minutes ago I realized that I didn't know what downtown Spartanburg looks like, and fortunately when I opened this forum, this thread was near the top!  Cool aerial (even though it was posted months ago).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There have been some additions to this photo since it was taken. Just to the right of the Bishop Furniture Store a new three story office building has been constructed where the dilapidated Palmetto Theater was. Also, the Wild Wing Cafe has opened on the corner of Church Street and Morgan Square (building that sits just above the prominent green space).

If you look closely at the two opening photos of this thread, you'll notice that the first one couldn't have been taken from atop the Montgomery building, but rather the crane used during construction of the new Marriot. If you look at the bottom right coner of the photo, you'll see the top of the Montgomery building. Also you may notice that you are almost looking down on the Denny's Tower, which would be impossible from atop the Montgomery. :)

Anyone know who took the first shot?

Great pics, BTW! Someone should get a shot of the Marriot included in the Skyline. ;)

The first one sure appears to be from the Montgomery building. The building at the bottom right is a smaller building that now has a little pay-day type metal attachment, I'm not sure, but it might be the Bishop furniture building. If you look at the second shot, you'll see the building I'm speaking of right across the street from the Montgomery.

If you look closely at the two opening photos of this thread, you'll notice that the first one couldn't have been taken from atop the Montgomery building, but rather the crane used during construction of the new Marriot.  If you look at the bottom right coner of the photo, you'll see the top of the Montgomery building.  Also you may notice that you are almost looking down on the Denny's Tower, which would be impossible from atop the Montgomery. :)

Anyone know who took the first shot?

Great pics, BTW!  Someone should get a shot of the Marriot included in the Skyline. ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was about to disagree with you, but I think you are right. What sold me was that if it were taken from Montgomery, you wouldn't be able to see that "park" caddy-corner from it and Denny's tower in the same shot.

I found that picture on SMC's website I believe.

Archived