Students surveyed think draft will resume

Cotuit

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Standing at the beginning of another Vietnam in an election year its time for Bush to step back and ask....what would Nixon do. :lol:

Seriously, I think we will see a draft soon. It may not be this year but it will be next if this continues to intensify under the Bush administration. He is not a good president. Where Bush performed well, Gore would've performed the same if not better. In times when Bush didn't do anything; Gore would've been there working for peace. Even if that peace means keeping Hussein in office. Something a Bush would never settle for. Sometimes the right thing doesn't seem like it at the time. I don't think Hussein was a threat. We should've focused more on finding Bin Ladin and bringing him to justice.

• 2 weeks later...

I think its a more dangerous situation without Saddam Hussein than it it was with him in power. Yes he was a brutal dictator that tortured his people but that not why we wanted to get him out of power. Remember, it was because we thought he had weapons of mass destruction. I think as long as Saddam was controlled, it would have been better that he remained in power because. When he was in power, his nation was scared of him and we wouldnt be seeing the terrorist activity thats going on there now.

Its not our job to free the world. We cant force our beliefs on other cultures. What we are doing is no different from what the Romans did. They were conquerers trying expand their empire geographically. The United States is trying to expand its empire through democracy. I think if we continue down the path of the Bush doctrine, its going to lead us to a world war far greater than world war 1 and 2 combined. History always repeat itself. The Roman empire fell. Will ours fall? We should just keep our nose in our own business like Canada. I see no one wants to bother them.

Archived