Bank One Tower

Naptown

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like that building. I've never seen it before, probably because Indianapolis is one of those cities that doesn't get a lot of representation on these forums.

Oh it does! The Indy hoodlums hang out at skyscrapercity.com

Those antenna's count towards to height in the Indy tower. ONly one is a functioning antenna, the other one is a spire. Indy cheated to get a 811 foot tower. The height to the roof is in the high 600 foot range.

Guest donaltopablo

LOL! Everybody knows spires count (even crapty ones). Maybe we should start up a thread in the debates section on whether spires should count in the height of the building.

Either way, spire or no spire, 700 or 800 feet, it's still a nice looking building.

Guest donaltopablo

That's a nice building. Not sure if I like the colors - the windows contrast too much with the rest of the building.

Really? I'm not trying to knock the opinion, but I love the way the windows look against the color of the rest of the building.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It is in the 700 ft. range. Besides, your ugly Queen City Square (which will never be built) has a crapty spire on it. How is that not cheating?

I'm kind of wondering why this post was in criticism of Queen City Square...

1. Actually, the building has almost fullfilled it's pre-lease requirements to set a groundbreaking date (sometime in mid-2004). So yes...it will get built.

2. Queen City Square will be topped with a "crown"...similar to Atlanta's Bank of America Plaza, not a spire. There is a difference and a lot more work put into a crown than a spire.

3. Everybody has there opinions, but c'mon..."ugly"? QCS will be a beautiful addition to Cincy's skyline when completed. Something Cincinnati has needed for quite some time now.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived