Oslo

danteque

Ah, that Pepe's pizza sign makes me want to go back there. I've only been to Oslo twice (August and September last year), but definitely will return.. return ticket is only EUR80* so there's no reason not to!

I promise that one of these days I will sort out my workstation hard drive and post countless pictures of Europe..

@danteque: Karl Johansgatan is nicer on its west end, near Nationaltheatret. They've been doing renovation works last year though, which might explain why it was slightly disappointing.

* Someone should set the forum charset to iso-8859-15 or utf-8 so I can use the Euro sign!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@danteque: Karl Johansgatan is nicer on its west end, near Nationaltheatret. They've been doing renovation works last year though, which might explain why it was slightly disappointing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OH, ARN'T YOU ADORABLE!!

I live just outside Oslo... but either way I don't think karl johan is a very "impressive" street. However, the reconstruction going in will improve it.

Sadly, the east end of it is now filled with drug addicts. WHY? Because the police threw them out of "jernbanetorget" (asquare by the rail staion), and now they are in the cities old parade-street! What on earth! And if only they were harmless drug-addicts... I was threathened during my last visit! EXTREME. I do hope they politicans do something about it. The drug-addicts cannot herrass the cities image like that.

ANYWAY. Flying with transavia or whatever it's called is a good offer -- how is rotterdam like? and compared to amsterdam? I'd love to hear everything in between, and even some more. Please post pictures.

...but don't DARE posting pictures of schiphol -- sooo tired of that airport... Ironicly, though I've been on schiphol a bizillion times, I've never been in Holland!

• 11 months later...

Haha, when I was in Norway in 2003 it was a heat wave and the hottest temperatures in 50 years or something like that. We were not expecting to be wearing shorts and t-shirts! I even jumped into a fjord in Voss... But that was still VERY cold!

I can't wait to go back to Oslo and explore without having a tour guide to follow...

Archived