IN-PROGRESS: "Iway" 195 Relocation/Wash. Bridge

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well - my office overlooks the old 195/Providence River Bridge - and it is completely devoid of cars this morning (with the exception of one or two contractor vehicles). Amazing what a difference it makes. Now we're just waiting for the Great Wall of Providence to finally come down.

We were on our way to the Scurv last night, and we took a little side trip over the bridge to the Warren Avenue exit, turned around and came back over that piece of crap road for the last, last, last time. I still remember my first time driving that wretched turd of super-slab in, oh, 1986, and thinking "Jeez, this is like the (old) Hutch and the (pre-collapse) Westside Highway had a horrible love-child."

Be gone, you foul and heartless river of steel and concrete

Divide us no more from ourselves

You convey us only into the past

and the past is not our destination

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Also please knock down the old Shooters Building. It is now an eyesore.

Providence weighs rezoning Shooters property

The future of the former Shooters Waterfront Cafe, a notorious Fox Point nightclub now owned by the state, remains in limbo as the state still has not put the derelict property up for sale.

http://www.projo.com/ri/providence/content/SHOOTERS_SITE_01-24-10_BBH5I4S_v29.2e5fdf9.html

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived