Image Hosting

Neo

All it takes is getting in, if there is a way for anything other than what is supposed to be loaded, i.e. an image, then it's quite possible to exploit any bug in the software. I'm not saying there is or isn't that bug in the software, however I'd rather play it 100% safe than 1% sorry.

• 2 months later...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

Can someone guide me through posting pictures? I created a photobucket account and uploaded some Memphis pics i'd like to post. I tried replying to an existing thread and posted a pic by selecting the IMG button and inserting the complete URL. When I added the reply, the img shows up as a question mark. What did I do wrong? I'm a mac user and I use Safari v 2.0. Do i need to be using a different browser? Thanks.

the image is posting, but it's not loading. I'm seeing an X saying "user posted image"

Perhaps my file size is too large? I think it's about 250K. Photobucket automatically resizes all images downt to 250k when you upload them. any more suggestions?

I just clicked the quote reply button so I could see what you type and I found your problem.

You posted this...except no *'s.

[img*]http://[img*] DSCF0386.jpg[/img*][/img*]

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You have the IMG tags inserted twice plus an extra http:// inserted.

Paste just that but remove the *'s.

[img*] DSCF0386.jpg[/img*]

You'll get this.....

DSCF0386.jpg

• 1 month later...

I have been using this hosting site:

http://www.magix-photos.com/index.php?l=en_US_magix

for about 5 months and they have only been down twice in that time period, and it has not eaten any of my pics (knock on wood). But I found that if you post a lot of pictures here, you use up your bandwidth pretty quickly and have to upgrade. Even with the upgrade, I think I only paid $2.99/mo.

My recommendation is http://www.imageshack.us/ B)

Free image hosting. Very comfortable (imho)

----

identifying characteristic:

u can simply upload your images as unregistered user; registered user must have a valid email address in order to receive a confirmation email with personal registration link (no login/password)

I've got a question for all of you. I use Imageshack, quite happily actually. I just don't like the thumbnails they make with the black bars on the bottom with the full image sizes. Now, I know I can have the black bars off the thumbnails, but am I going to have to upload all 300 or so images I have there to regenerate new thumbnails without black bars? Is there a way to avoid that?

Also, does anyone know of a thumbnail gallery webpage creation utility that will create the webpage of thumbnails from images hosted on online sites? Like, could you give the software the URL's of the images, and it'll create the thumbnail gallery with the thumbnails linked to the full hosted images? I'm looking to try to make maintaining my webpage a bit easier (I'm falling behind in updates).

Thanks!

- Garris

Providence, RI

I've got a question for all of you. I use Imageshack, quite happily actually. I just don't like the thumbnails they make with the black bars on the bottom with the full image sizes. Now, I know I can have the black bars off the thumbnails, but am I going to have to upload all 300 or so images I have there to regenerate new thumbnails without black bars? Is there a way to avoid that?

Also, does anyone know of a thumbnail gallery webpage creation utility that will create the webpage of thumbnails from images hosted on online sites? Like, could you give the software the URL's of the images, and it'll create the thumbnail gallery with the thumbnails linked to the full hosted images? I'm looking to try to make maintaining my webpage a bit easier (I'm falling behind in updates).

Thanks!

- Garris

Providence, RI

With regards to the first paragraph- you need to contact imageshack support for that.

As for the second- I don't know of a specific site that does exactly that.

- Garris

Providence, RI

The black bar should be gone whenver you upload one of your photos. I didn't see the "remove it from now on" link until last Saturday, but whenever I upload an image that I have had on imageshack for months, the bar is gone.

The black bar should be gone whenever you upload any image, no matter how long it has been on imageshack.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived