COMPLETED: Connecticut Science Center @ Adriaen's Landing

Cotuit

interesting point.

I think they had to go more the kiddy route because its ultimately a child of the west hartford science museum which was a childrens science museum.

also, they lost 10 million in funding as they were putting exhibits together and had to cancel a bunch of the programs that would have been more hard science.

I am hoping that in addition to the butterflies which satisfy both missions they gear the education space to do more about adding "real science"

I have only been there once 4 or so years ago, and it was interesting and engaging (as an adult) but not enough to have me come back.   As you mention it appealed to the kid in me but was still fun.

hopefully the museum can continue to warrent expansions like this that add to everyones enjoyment and most importantly that increases paid attendance.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived