Photos of Columbia II: Buildings

The_sandlapper

Various photos of buildings around Columbia.

Bethel.jpg

bellsouth11X14.jpg

gillespie11X14.jpg

GDAextdusk.jpg

Greek Village USC

FrathouseUSC.jpg

Frankies Funpark

Frankies.jpg

ext_sunrise.jpg

Columbia Museum of Art

ColArtMuseum.jpg

Park Place Finley Park

ParkPlaceFinelyPark.jpg

Mellow Mushroom

MM2.jpg

mellowmushroom.jpg

Mextdusk.jpg

L002390.jpg

L001127.jpg

Koger Center for the Arts Downtown

koger.jpg

Inside Koger Center

Kogerinside.jpg

HollingsJudicial.jpg

SCSupremecrtext.jpg

Inside Za's Restaurant off of Harbison Blvd.

Zas.jpg

Zas2.jpg

X1.jpg

Next to California Dreaming in Downtown

WilshireHouse.jpg

View from Riverfront Park

web_RiverfrontParkBridgeandCanal.jpg

another20pano.jpg

Enjoy!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Since I am a great admirer/lover of the city of Charleston and was so named (Charles aka Zahc) for the former capital of Carolina, the pic shown after 'Inside Kroger', The Hollings Judicial Center Annex, is not in Columbia, but is apart of Charleston's 'Four Corners of Law' Federal District courthouse complex.

Press Release Source: Government Properties Trust, Inc.

Government Properties Trust Completes Acquisition of Hollings Judicial Center Annex in Charleston

Wednesday September 15, 5:02 pm ET

OMAHA, Neb., Sept. 15 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Government Properties Trust, Inc. (NYSE: GPP - News), a self-managed, self-administered real estate investment trust, today announced that it has completed the acquisition of the Hollings Judicial Center Annex (HJCA) in Charleston, S.C., for approximately $19.0 million.

The property is fully leased by the federal government under a modified gross lease that commenced August 1, 1999 and expires July 31, 2019. The federal government has two 10-year renewal options at a base rent of no less than the current rent. The lease currently provides for annual gross rent of approximately $1.7 million. The anticipated operating expenses for the property are approximately $911,000, which includes $687,000 for depreciation and amortization and $20,000 in reserves.

The HJCA is a four-story, 61,000-gross-square-foot building constructed and placed in service in 1999. This property is an essential, integral portion of the government-owned Charleston Federal District Courthouse complex. The construction of this building included the adaptive restoration of the facade of the historic Josiah Smith Tenement.

The Josiah Smith Tenement was originally built in 1795 by Josiah Smith, a wealthy merchant, for two of his sons. It is an example of the neoclassical style in vogue in Charleston. As part of the construction of the HJCA in 1999, the Josiah Smith Tenement portion of the building underwent a complete structural, mechanical and electrical renovation along with the facade preservation.

The HJCA is located in the heart of Charleston's historic district known as the "Four Corners of the Law." This area is considered to be a vital commerce, legal and banking center. The building is utilized as a United States Federal District Courthouse and contains three traditional courtrooms, a grand jury room, four large judges' chambers and the office of the Clerk of the Federal District Court. A secured walkway connects the HJCA to the government-owned Federal Building, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Buildings, and the Hollings Judicial Center.

Wow, I hadn't been home in a while but I didn't realize Za's wasn't there anymore?

I got the photos from some professional photographers website. I'll be honest 2 or three of the photos I didn't recognize either but it was supposed to be Columbia so I loaded them up!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• 3 weeks later...

Archived