Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BrandonTO416

Toronto construction thumbnail list

Impressive thumbnail list! If only American cities would start building skyscrapers like TO does....

Don't count on it. I've given up on our fair land. ;) The closest resemblance would be Chicago and New York. NY is already built into a league of its own though.

I've just about given up as well. Oh well, I have to live here for at least the next six years...then I get to decide if I want to stay or not. Of course, knowing me, six years will turn into ten, and ten will turn into twenty...and, well, you get the idea.

What is the first picture on the left, 10th row, of? And how will it be connected??

Anyways, I knew Toronto had a lot of construction, but I didn't know it was that much.

I don't know, but it disturbs me that part of the building is dangling in mid air.

LOL That's be very cool if we could though. Of course I probably wouldn't trust it. As soon as we get the magnetic force high enough to levitate it, the magnetic power of the earth will shift!

What is the first picture on the left, 10th row, of? And how will it be connected??

The rendering was created to advertise the addition of several new floors to the building.

The project is a renovation of a commercial tower, and after selling for a while the developer decided to add a few floors on top - thus a picture of these floors dropping down onto the building.

Sorry, no levitating units. :(

FYI: This site: http://www.dabrowski.ca:8000/UrbanDB/Lists...nstruction.aspx, is the most accurate, up to date list of current projects in Toronto (excluding skyscrapers.com since we can no longer visit those lists for free).

For the Greater Toronto Area the site lists:

2 projects u/c that are 50 floors or more

3 projects u/c that are 40-49 floors

16 projects u/c that are 30-39 floors

18 projects u/c that are 20-29 floors

and 30 projects u/c that are 10-19 floors

^ that would be the Dundas Square project.

Great visual intro to the city's projects, wish they had subtitles though so that the less well known ones could be sorted out!

Gee 1 Bloor East misses out again. What the hell is going on with that one?

...and what about the Trumpy hotely thingy?

Otherwise some cool looking projects.

LOL @ the levitating builiding.