• Announcements

• Neo

WARNING!   07/26/16

By reading or participating in the Coffee House forum, you are acknowledging that some topics may be highly controversial in nature. While we make every attempt to ensure that no one and no groups are offended as a result of discussions contained within, we unfortunately can make no guarantees. Participate in threads contained within this forum at your own risk.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Neo

Lights on Bank of America

Maybe I just don't pay attention but I can't remember ever seeing the vertical lights in the corners of Bank of America in Charlotte. Can someone clear this up for me or am I just losing my mind?

boa_side_lights.jpg

I remember eating at that Burger King... a loooong time ago, after shopping in the Belks that was there too. I am glad they are reconfiguring that area to make it more people friendly...that definately was a design error with the building...no interaction with the street.

From the above pic, they definitely help the tower "glow".

They need to be on, for aesthetic reasons and for good P.R. (as opposed to a darker night tower).

I remember when the building first opened over 10 years ago, it had those corner flood lights shining up from the base. But they gradually stopped using them (maybe they were trying to save electricity?), and now they are on again. BTW, why are the lights no longer being used on the Hearst tower? I thought they were pretty cool, but every time I've gone uptown lately, the building is dark.

Was uptown last night at the Rock Bottom for dinner and saw the blue lights on the top of BoA for the first time in person. Absolutely beautiful! Now if we could only get different colored lights on the other buildings we'd be looking jazzy!