Downcity Business Improvement District Created

Cotuit

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Holy Breaking News Batman! Those planters have been there for a month or more, and while perhaps one of the most visible examples of what the DID has done, they really aren't terribly spectacular. That traffic island should have been designed with integrated planters from the get go and what is there now feels a bit temporary. The planters that were placed between Union and Eddy on Westminster are an example of a much nicer implementation of planters.

Not knocking the DID, I'm knocking the Journal, the DID does plenty, these planters are really the least of it.

I like the hanging planters all over the city. And it is impressive to see the army of Yellow jackets at work on the weekend. If I was visiting downtown and saw them for the first time I would be impressed.

It is another example of a good thing going on downtown.

I like the hanging planters all over the city. And it is impressive to see the army of Yellow jackets at work on the weekend. If I was visiting downtown and saw them for the first time I would be impressed.

http://www.projo.com/opinion/letters/conte...v6.1de0e71.html

Yea.. so this guy obviously has the time to write a projo blog to let us, the readers, know that the DID needs to watch where the fertilizer liquid drains into.

If this were you.. would you call/email the DID?.. or just submit this message to Projo.. which they will review and post (b/c they love drama and allow every reader comment through.. they must aspire to be like FOX)

"presumably"

The DID has a website, and the website has phone numbers and email addresses on it, I've emailed the DID and received a response the same day. There's no need to presume.

I haven't seen those planters you're talking about, but the other planted areas that GWP used to do, that the DID now does are really quite something. They are lush and full and colorful and well cared for and I hope that the business owners who are funding the DID see the incredible value in something as esoteric as planted traffic islands. It makes a huge difference. I see it wherever I go...

Archived