Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spartan

Baltimore Pics

We go down to Baltimore every few weekends or so. The inner harbor is great...Baltimore also has some very interesting neighborhoods, it would be great to see some pics of those if anybody has them..

What I've always found interesting about the Balitimore metropolitan area is it seems small, for being such a major city. While there is certainly suburban development....there doesn't seem to be much sprawl, especially on the north side of the city.

There are barely any Baltimore pics posted so I found these off the web

baltimore-harbor-night.jpg

01.jpg

Part of Fell's Point neighborhood

07.jpg

12.jpg

Also Fell's Point

mtvernon008.jpg

Mount Vernon neighbohood

mtvernon003.jpg

Mount Vernon

mtvernon-w004.jpg

Mount Vernon

monument002.jpg

mtvernon-n002.jpg

Mount Vernon

buildings_nation_bank_1.jpg

baltolg.jpg

1955_4_17_medium.JPG

1934_4_17_medium.JPG

FederalHillParkb.jpg

Federal Hill

Dscn0023.jpg

Patterson Park Pagoda

flags.gif

Convention Center

PrattStPavilionPaddleBoatsb.jpg

ufiles385.jpg

054-Saturday-Outside_Hard_Rock_Cafe.jpg

077-Saturday-Harbor_Panorama.jpg

174-009-Tuesday-Downtown_Skyview_Night.jpg

powerplant.jpg

Nice, Baltimore is a beautiful city, great people too, too bad they are Raven fans ;)

i love baltimore, it is one of the cities i recently visited over winter break and it was magnificent. i had visited it before but i wasnt as appreciative of cities back then partly because i was younger. anyway it is a great city that others should model after, it has really turned around from the 1980s. on my list of places id like to live.

I like the first picture best. I hope to visit Baltimore one of these days. And since I'm looking to get a federal job with my Master's degree - I would certainly consider living in Baltimore.

Those are nice pics can't wait till Norfolk gets like that

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was just thinking about that. Every time i go to B'more it strikes me how Norfolks downtown and B'mores innerharbor are almost exact replicas of eachother. All Norfolk needs is a few more buildings and we'll be there.

Mount Vernon

buildings_nation_bank_1.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You have managed to take a picture of my most favorite skyscraper in all of Baltimore. I just love it cause it has that Gotham City look and feel to it.

Great pics. I love Baltimore's Inner Harbor. I hope Jacksonville develops around the St. Johns River in a similar way. BTW,one of my friends from B-more came down to Jax for the Super Bowl. He said nothing compares with the fresh crabcakes in this city. If so, I'd got to get up there and try them out.

yea go to lexington market and right inside the back entrance there is a great crabcake place. Here are some of my Baltimore photos i took around xmas time.

Baltimore01.jpg

Baltimore47.jpg

Baltimore40.jpg

Baltimore11.jpg

Baltimoreskyline10.jpg

Baltimore12.jpg

Baltimore14.jpg

Baltimore18.jpg

Baltimore27.jpg

Baltimore41.jpg

Baltimore46.jpg

Baltimore43.jpg

Baltimore28.jpg

Baltimore31.jpg

Baltimore36.jpg

Baltimore15.jpg

Although I've only been there while I was on vacation visiting Washington D.C., I must admit, it is a pretty city. The Inner Harbo is nice.

Just out of curiousity, why doesn't Baltimore have some buildings that are as tall as the ones in other cities its size, like Boston or Charlotte? I don't think a city has to have tall buildings to look nice, just curious.

Baltimore does a several nice looking buildings already, though.

Just out of curiousity, why doesn't Baltimore have some buildings that are as tall as the ones in other cities its size, like Boston or Charlotte? I don't think a city has to have tall buildings to look nice, just curious.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here's my thoughts: Baltimore was a blue collar city. It was built around the port, the railroads, and a large amout of manufacturing. It's not the financial center that Charlotte or Boston is. Unlike Pittsburgh which went from manufacturing to finance, Baltimore never really made that jump. It's a largely residental city now.

The taller buildings that exist are banks, but they are banks headquartered elsewhere--Bank of America and Sun Trust, who bought local banks in the past decade. Also, there are no geographic restrictions on where the city sprawls, and much of the white collar jobs have spread north to the burbs of Towson, Cockeysville, Hunt Valley and southwest to Columbia.

baltimore is not geographically bound, but it is politcally bound within its boundaries, it cannot expand out like phoenix etc. yes the suburbs have spread outward into cockeysville, columbia, etc. however midtown baltimore has strict height restrictions (where the gotham looking building is) and they just havent really built many super tall buildings since the charles center projects of the 80s and 90s. there are a few very tall condo buildings going up towards canton and little italy tho.