Slipknot

KoRn_Snake

Hi, I felt like sharing some of my music, why don't you share urs in this thread, too?

This is Slipknot, a 9-membered-scarymasked-jumpsuited Heavy Metal band. The music isn't all metal, its got a taste of rap, sometimes all metal, they make creepy Marilyn Manson type music, with the slow, chilling mood.

THE MEMBERS

#0, Sid Wilson

sid23.jpg

Sid Wilson gets high quite alot, and he jumps off extremly tall things! He's the DJ, and he wears a gas mask(this is a weird version). He has Jungle Fever logos on his shoulders, saying Feuer, wich is fire for german. He also has fire on his arm(he likes getting lit on fire). The middle of his left elbow is surrounded by stars. On one of his hands, he has a tattoo of a transformer called "Autobot"(laughing my butt off!). One time, when Sid was 3, he was at a concert, and there was a third-floor balcony he was sitting at. He climbed on top to the railing, and jumped off! The crowd caught him, though. He was born with 6 fingers on each hand, but they were amputaded after birth. He sorta has a rivulry with Shawn(another member). His mask helps keep oxegyn go to his skull, and half the time he doesnt know whats going on. Shawn smacks him alot... to keep him in line. Shawn and Sid usually get violent on-stage, I don't even know how violent exactly off-stage... One time he took about 75 shots of acid before in the band. He still sees trails every now and then.

#1, Joey Jordison

joey16.jpg

Joey is good at everything that involves music. He plays everything, but he is the drummer for Slipknot. He has a buddy in this band- Paul. His real name is Nathon Jonas Jordison. He says he's 5,4 but he's actually 5,3. He kicks BUTT at drumming, and plays well on the guitar. He's talkative, diminutive, and likes Earth. His mask is the Japanese "Kabuki" mask, he added some detail to it. The mask resembles love, hate, beauty, and disgust. He has no tattoos.

#2, Paul Gray

paul09.jpg

Paul is a cofounder of slipknot, along with Shawn and Anders. He's a calm, cool guy off-stage B) . His mask is a leather pig mask! MEANING he has trouble breathing. Paul has been in about 4 bands if you include Slipknot. His tattoos include a guy with his forehead cut off(covered with paper), and the paper also covering his eyes, and he's screaming. That one's on his calf. The "S" sing for slipknot is on his forearm.

#3, Chris Fehn

chris02.jpg

Chris is the comedian of the band. He plays on a custom drum set, he's a custom percussionist. Rolling Stone called Chris the most handson and funniest person in the band. His drums were made for him by Shawn. Chris wears a Pinnochio mask with a 7-8 inch nose. His tattoos include a running bear I think somewhere on his... either arm or leg. And he has the elements of fire, water, land and wind all made as a volcano, lightning, and a tital wave. That one's on his calf.

#4, James Root

jim13.jpg

James is the rythm guitarist for Slipknot. He is fast, and technical with the guitar. He is called Jim, and his hair is brown. He wears a courtjester/demon mask. He says he's whatever it is, but what he is afraid to let out sometimes. He says it isn't the right time to get a new mask yet. His tattoos include a lady drinking a beer on his leg, and the number 4 in a circle, on his forearm, along with waves. This is because he's number 4 in the band.

#5, Craig Jones

craig02.jpg

Craig Jones doesn't say a single word. I don't know much about him.

#6, Shawn Crahan

Shawn09.jpg

Shawn is the founder of Slipknot. He plays a custom drum he welded by himself. He has a history of welding, the fact that he's good at it, and has been. He's a crazy mother. Speaking of mother, this guy's married and has 3 kids! And he's the most outragious, craziest, pshycotic guy in the band!!! I'm serious! What's even more crazy about that, is that he's actually a GOOD father! He does some sick stuff I can't mention on this site, and he also starts ALOT of fights and is known for bashing his head into things and punching everyone and everything is site, basicly. His tattoos include an elephant with Pinhead style pins all over it, because his wife likes elephants and he likes Pinhead(arm). He has the Slipknot logo with a cool background(leg), Pinhead on his shoulder because he thinks Pinhead is the most evil character created. His wife's name is written in purple, along with the Pinhead elephant and fire(left shoulder).

#7, Mick Thompson

mick18.jpg

Mick is huge. He claims to be a fan of serial killers, and he loves cats. He's the lead guitarist. "I'm on the natural side. Don't ---- with me and you'll be fine.", Mick says. He has several masks. One is a modified hockey mask that sometimes can have a gold color on it, the other is one that is supposed to look like metal, but it's made out of black leather. This mask means hate. His tattoos are the letters spelling seven, in a Garfield title type of font(left forearm), Japanese for "Hate" and "Get to know me"(right forearm), a weird ugly picture I can't make out on his left shoulder, and the Slipknot logo on his arm.

#8, Corey Taylor

corey37.jpg

Corey is the singer for Slipknot. He was a tortured kid, with his father never around, even now he still doesnt know who his father is. Sorta like me, I haven't seen him for at least 9 years, though, not ever(I'm now living with him). He is loud, fast, and out of control when he sings. Corey was in the band Stone Sour first, then when Slipknot broke up he was back, and now he regrouped Slipknot. His mask is a dread-locked ghoul. He used to use his own hair to make the dreadlocks, but it started to hurt like mad crazy, so now he has his good ol' curly long-haired style again. His tattoos include a half moon and half sun with some kick-butt detail, and they have a face(chest), he has peirced nipples :( , Japanese for father on the left side of his neck, because like I said, he doesn't know who his true father is. He has Japanese for death on his right neck. He has the Slipknot logo on his back, along with 8 on top of that. This is because he's number eight in the band.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i understand y u guys are freaked out

most ppl are by just looking at them, and they seriously freak the radio talk show hosts most the time. but for the ppl that arent freaked out by them are the ppl that want to listen to some of their music, for the first time and other- wich was apparently me being one of them. also, those ppl are called Maggots- the fan name for Slipknot fans.

UPDATE

On stage on tour, the members get very, very violent. They ALWAYS draw blood onstage if there aloud to, and alot of it.

INJURIES:

Sid Wilson

Remember how this guy likes getting lit on fire? Well, one time he lit himself on fire, and now he has a 3rd degree burn on his leg. He has cuts and bruises from encounters with shawn, and remember how he jumps off extremly tall things? Well, he jumped into a gaurd rail.

Joey Jordison

He pulled his drumset on top of him, and that got him a severely lacerated shin. He brakes and scars his knuckles from punching things. Shawn threw a steel pipe at his head, and it was a perfect hit! He now has a concussion and some stitches from that.

Paul Gray

He's one of the normal guys of this band, so his injuries aren't so horrible. A couple of bruises and scars, from accidents including some one throwing a bottle at his head.

Chris Fehn

He has shinsplits, cuts and bruises, and a very sore neck from headbanging.

James Root

Just some cuts and bruises.

Craig Jones

He got a broken big toe, from Shawns keg set, and a whiplash from headbanging.\

Shawn Crahan

Remember, this guys the craziest, so hes got alot of injuries. Ill just keep it as a list:

An assornment of abrasions, bruises and broken bones from contact with bandmates.

Several slipped vertebrae

Broken ribs

Broken knuckles form punching the ---- out of himself, bandmates, kegs, fans, and everything in sight.

He slammed his head into his keg, which left him two gashes requiring 39 stitches.

Lacerations in his head

A dislocated shoulder from jumping into his kegset.

A split collarbone.

A concussion from slamming his head into his keg.

Wide array of general tissue degenaration.

Bruised pelvis from failed backflip attemtps(LOL!!!).

He was tackeled and maced by security from riding in a golfcart near the tourbusses. Security didn't know who he was because he didn't have his mask on. He faught back.

Mick Thompson

You should see how he headbangs on tour with his guitar! He arches his neck forwar and his head down, along with a crazy move with his back where he arches his body so down, his hair touches the floor! He does this a ton, so he has severe back problems.

Corey Taylor

He got lit on fire, and now he has a blue, hairless patch on his leg. And he has some cuts and bruises.

More info soon.

no, there pros at entertainment. they kill themselves for entertainment, the people, not because there mental. well, shawn is crazy, but not mentally... i think. :unsure:

Yes, I know that, but I still think they are a bit on the insane side.

well, after reading a few bios and member profiles, i don't really think theyre... insane... but more just pissed. they grew up in Des Moines, u kno. i think there pissed, and i know that they just really want to get closer with fans, because they tour a freaking ton, and they are guna have a mosh pit for the fans while they perfrom on the Ozzfest. they are starting to get fame, so if u wana call them insane... u might regret it. we'll see.

exactly how would we regret it?

well, if u call them insane, really thats an insult to them. and if there famous,and if u insulted them, u will regret it... right? like right now ur prolly insulting george bush(example), but if he actually does something GOOD for the country, u will regret insulting him.

well, after reading a few bios and member profiles, i don't really think theyre... insane... but more just pissed. they grew up in Des Moines, u kno. i think there pissed, and i know that they just really want to get closer with fans, because they tour a freaking ton, and they are guna have a mosh pit for the fans while they perfrom on the Ozzfest. they are starting to get fame, so if u wana call them insane... u might regret it. we'll see.

Why would I regret insulting them because they are famous? That is the most ridiculous arguement I've ever heard. Actually, why would I regret insulting them period?

Also, what does the fact that they are pissed off at the world have anything to do with the fact that they are from Des Moines? I'm from Flint and I'm not all pissed off because of it. The same would hold true if I was from any other city.

This is real music. B) Is GWAR still together? I haven't heard them in a long time.

You should vote for Kerry btw. Bush doesn't like "heavy metal" or that lifestyle. Bush and his Christian friends are against everything your favorite bands write about.

according to gwar.net there's a new album coming out soon.

i was trying to remember other shock rock groups from years past. slipknot certainly isn't the first. it's the same old played out act.

besides gwar...

the impotent sea snakes

gg allin

back to alice cooper and ozzy

even the beatles and the who were shocking in their day...

but like the Janes Addiction song says... nothing's shocking

we've seen it all before.

Only real song ive heard from slipknot  is "duality". The video is intense yet the strangest thing ive seen in my life. Well... whatever floats your bubble.

o yeah! i loved that video! but what's the coolest part about it is that all those kids truely recked a REAL house. all that stuff they did was for real. im serious! even the band couldn't beleive it. that was a real house they humanly bulldozed! they ACTUALLY ran through the glass doors. they ACTUALLY broke through the walls. that kid REALLY DID fall through the ceiling. that video alone was great, but after hearing it was for real on MTV.com, i wana watch that video AGAIN!!!!(what i mean was those were real walls they really broke thru, real ceiling, real glass doors)THAT WAS AMAZING!

Why would I regret insulting them because they are famous? That is the most ridiculous arguement I've ever heard. Actually, why would I regret insulting them period?

Also, what does the fact that they are pissed off at the world have anything to do with the fact that they are from Des Moines? I'm from Flint and I'm not all pissed off because of it. The same would hold true if I was from any other city.

cause everyone else might like them exept u, and people might not like u if they know u insulted them. or, u might start to like them and u regret insulting them.

Read the DES MOINES topic in the Upper Midwest forum. That place is hell for kids! the same wudn't hold true if u were from Des Moines... i bet.

cause everyone else might like them exept u, and people might not like u if they know u insulted them. or, u might start to like them and u regret insulting them.

Read the DES MOINES topic in the Upper Midwest forum. That place is hell for kids! the same wudn't hold true if u were from Des Moines... i bet.

If everyone else except for me liked them I wouldn't care. Why should I like them just because everyone else does? Just because everyone likes them that doesn't mean that I have to like them.

I have a hard time believing that Des Moines is all that bad of a place. I bet my hometown is worse than Des Moines. What about Des Moines is so bad anyway?

Archived