Pics of Jacksonville

Fruit Cove

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are a few pictures taken from the river last fall. It was a really bad day to be out on the water, but duty calls. I was using a 35mm camera and I had a hard time keeping the lens dry.

Friendship Fountain

10A.jpg

Skyline from Metro Park Marina

2A.jpg

Landing and Modis et al from Water

2.jpg

As a former "Jax" resident I am very proud of the city's development as a major player in Florida and the southeast. The Super Bowl and these photos attest to that. As a regular visitor to Jacksonville, I am always amazed at the bustling nature of this vast city. l

I took those pictures from a boat on a really miserable day in late September. It was the first nor'easter of the fall. I think that only the ducks were out at the landing that day. If I wasn't "on assignment" for my job, there was no way in heck that I was going to be out there.

If you notice the shot of the landing, you can see water spots all over the lens. By that point on the trip, the three towels that I had brought with me were soaked. I couldn't keep the camera dry.

^I had a bad experience there.  I'm surprised it's still in business.  From the looks of this thread, it seems to have loyal following.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I love Beach Road. I used to go there all the time because it is right by my school. Back on JV, we used to eat there before the varsity football games. It has gotten a little bit nicer recently.

• 1 month later...

Is there a way you can walk across the shands to take some pics? or is drving across in a car and hoping the cables dont get in the shot the best way? im also thinking about going dt this weekend and taking some uncommon angles of dt, any suggestions? from the east is what i had in mind.

im also thinking about going dt this weekend and taking some uncommon angles of dt, any suggestions? from the east is what i had in mind.

My favorite perspective is from points east, especially around dusk approaching from the Hart Bridge. It provides an unobstructed elevated view and captures a significant portion of our skyline not usually seen in print. I also like watching the traffic from the southeast during rush hour, courtesy of Firstcoastnews.com and FDOT.

Camera_84.jpg

Good luck and I look forward to your pictures.

Archived