Pics of Jacksonville

Fruit Cove

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How big are the scorpions there? (That really suprises me because I thought scorpions were more in dry climate) Do you know what types of scorpions are in Florida? (I've heard there is only one scorpion with venom that is potentially harmful to humans) Is it hard to get rid of those Palmetto bugs?  This might sound stupid, but do they bite or are they just annoying?

Despite the bugs and other creepy things, Jacksonville still seems like a cool place. We have snakes here, and spiders in our house on a daily basis.

I was told that it was a bit painful to walk on the grass in Florida without your shoes on, is this true? Are there a lot of insects that bite?

Are most people friendly? Is it easy to get to know your neighbors there? 

Lakelander- what did you mean that Salt Lake City metro area is larger, because downtown Salt Lake is very small with only I think 4 or 5 tall buildings. I cannot imagine a smaller place then where we are now, one of the reasons we want to get out of here is to go to a bigger city. :)

Melissa

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Palmetto bugs are just annoying. Trust us though, Jacksonville is a great place to live!

if you go to scyscrapercity in the jax pics a lot of people comment on how ugly it is.  i dont know it looks good to me on some days and then not so good on others. i have to be in the right mood to appreciate it i guess.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think that it is pretty neat overall. It is not a common style of architecture though.

The first picture is taken on the grounds of Fidelity National Financial, at Riverside & I-95. The last picture with the tall, white building is no more: The building was demolished to make way for what is now the Bank of America Tower (Jacksonville's Tallest)

The first picture is taken on the grounds of Fidelity National Financial, at Riverside & I-95.  The last picture with the tall, white building is no more:  The building was demolished to make way for what is now the Bank of America Tower (Jacksonville's Tallest)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is a shame but it made way for a great building. The Bank of America building is one of my favorites in downtown.

Spartan's last pic on post 22(page2) is a fantastic picture of the east side of the Springfield area all the way down to the St Johns.I can even see my house in there,well almost.I'm interested in where this particular pic came from.

Springfield since 1998

Archived