• Announcements

• Neo

WARNING!   07/26/16

By reading or participating in the Coffee House forum, you are acknowledging that some topics may be highly controversial in nature. While we make every attempt to ensure that no one and no groups are offended as a result of discussions contained within, we unfortunately can make no guarantees. Participate in threads contained within this forum at your own risk.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

uptownliving

Public Skyscraper Dining returns this September

From the Charlotte Observer:

Former LaVecchia's manager Jim Emad opens his new bar and restaurant next month in the Charlotte Plaza building's old Tower Club, it will give the public its first tower-top view since the 30th Edition went out of business in 1998.

It's called Bentley's Restaurant On 27, and a private "Hard Hat" party is set for Sept. 9, Emad's wife, Kay, said.

The restaurant, which will specialize in French-American cuisine, will open to the public later in September. It's got three fireplaces, window-side seating and will feature a live piano player on weekends

Taking up two-thirds of the building's top floor, it offers a 270-degree panoramic view of the Charlotte skyline from Trade Street to College Street.

I'm sure it will not be cheap.

Yeah, my bets were on you saying that, LOL! In Chicago they have a restaurant in the John Hancock near the top that is expensive during peak times, but they serve an all-you-can-eat buffet for lunch for only like $8. Would love something like that in Charlotte! Heck, I'd like to have an observation deck somewhere in Charlotte...