Hurricanes

accatt2204

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I traveled to Pensacola this weekend to play in a football game and the recovery efforts there are coming along. It is amazing that two months after the hurricane, trees, signs, and roof damage were still visible. The school I played at had no press box, the baseball scoreboard was shredded, and the fence was down. It is amazing at the power of these storms.

I was also in pensacola last week as well. That's a long drive in from miami. Anyway, the storm surge is what suprised me the most. I saw some places along the bay where it look to be 20-30 foot rise. Some houses were complety gutted.

That being said, the wind damage that I saw did not seem as bad as I thought it would be. Charley was much much worse in terms of inland wind damage.

• 2 weeks later...

they said last night on the news there is a storm in the tropics.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If it doesn't reach strength by midnight, it'll go unnamed. The storm that the film the Perfect Storm was made about was such a storm. Hurricane Grace was downgraded at the end of the season, then regained hurricane strength after the end of the season. Since the season was over she didn't get her name back, and up here in New England it was known as the "No-name Storm."

Archived