Summer in Detroit

Allan

Here are some photos I took earlier this summer but never got around to posting. Since I plan on taking a few hundred more photos this weekend, I decided that it was time to post these. Because I'm too tired to organize them any other way, they are just in the order I uploaded them.

Renaissance Center from the Riverwalk

IMG_1241.jpg

150 West Jefferson

IMG_1242.jpg

One Woodward Avenue

IMG_1243.jpg

More of the Ren Cen

IMG_1247.jpg

150 West Jefferson

IMG_1248.jpg

Guardian Building

IMG_1249.jpg

Ambassador Bridge

IMG_1250.jpg

The Penobscot Building

IMG_1252.jpg

Riverfront Towers

IMG_1254.jpg

Skyline

IMG_1255.jpg

211 West Fort Street & the Penobscot Building

IMG_1256.jpg

Looking down Fort Street towards the CBD

IMG_1260.jpg

Pick-Fort Shelby Hotel

IMG_1261.jpg

CBD

IMG_1263.jpg

Fort Street Presbyterian Church

IMG_1265.jpg

More of the Pick-Fort Shelby. Are they EVER going to renovate it?

IMG_1268.jpg

Penobscot Building

IMG_1269.jpg

150 West Jefferson

IMG_1270.jpg

I think I already posted this pic, but why not post it again?

IMG_1271.jpg

211 West Fort

IMG_1272.jpg

The Guardian peaks through the buildings

IMG_1273.jpg

Part 2

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great shots Allan. You really caught some angles of the city I haven't seen before.

I have been wondering when work would start on the Fort-Shelby. So much for having the building prepped for the Superbowl. I think fans will see Detroit as a "city under construction" rather than "in renaissance."

The Fort Shelby seems to be off everyone's radar. The city does not have it on the high priority demoliton/redevelop list. No new proposals have come forward since the last proposal basically vaporized. The city is apparently so concerned with destroying the GCP and Lower Woodward areas that it does not have time or money to demolish the Pick-Fort Shelby.

I was impressed with the riverwalk myself. I had never been on the riverwalk when the weather was nice, so I was shocked to see how many people were out using it. Local residents out for a walk with their dogs...business people on break...friends enjoying ice cream cones...you name it, they were on the riverwalk. The riverwalk is definately a strong asset for the city.

Archived