Number of high rises u/c in selected N.A. cities

G W North

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That list is wrong. Toronto has a lot more than 4 buildings over 300 feet under construction. Hell, CityPlace ALONE has 4 buildings over 300 feet under construction (well, one of them MIGHT be just under 300 feet):

http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/cx/?id=103430

According to Emporis and the link you gave me those buildings you listed are completed so they are not under construction.

KC has a 40 floor tower that is on hold... They are just waiting for a tenant, which should come before 2010. And they said that the building WILL be built, but they just don't know when it will...

We also have 2 20+ floor buildings proposed and several over 15 floors proposed... Just check the thread in the Kansas City section for the whole list.

No, the link I gave you shows 4 buildings u/c, ranging from 26-49 stories (Harbourview Estates). None of these buildings have a height so they're not listed in the buildings over 300 feet.

You are right, sorry. I changed the data to reflect the addition of 4 300 foot highrises under construction in Toronto. I added the fourth one for benefit of doubt.

You are right, sorry. I changed the data to reflect the addition of 4 300 foot highrises under construction in Toronto. I added the fourth one for benefit of doubt.

How can Miami have 0 over 500 ft. with "very good chance of being built" when there must be 12-15 of such u/c or in which construction is fairly imminent ?

cityopit.JPG

Pittsburgh - 5

I'm talking about the prominent skyscrapers. The big black skyscraper is the USX Tower. The skyscraper in front of the USX Tower with the spire is Fifth Avenue Place. The skyscraper to the right of the USX tower is One Mellon Plaza. The glass skyscraper with the spires on top is PPG Place. The silver skyscraper to the right of PPG Place is One Oxford Center. They were built in 1970, 1987, 1983, 1984 and 1983, respectively.

Aside from those five, there are six other medium-height skyscrapers.

muler, your numbers for Toronto are off because emporis does not have accurate height data for Toronto buildings.

http://www.dabrowski.ca:8000/UrbanDB/Lists...s/AllItems.aspx

This is the best site I've seen regarding current Toronto projects.

To show more accurate numbers (including the suburbs):

Recently Completed (I think the above link goes back to ~2001):

40 - 49 floors - 1

30 - 39 floors - 12

20 - 29 floors - 37

10- 19 floors - 70

Under Construction:

50 - 59 floors - 2

40 - 49 floors - 3

30 - 39 floors - 18

20 - 29 floors - 17

10- 19 floors - 30

Excavation:

40 - 49 floors - 1

30 - 39 floors - 2

20 - 29 floors - 6

10- 19 floors - 10

Approved:

80 - 89 floors - 1

70 - 79 floors - 1

60 - 69 floors - 0

50 - 59 floors - 0

40 - 49 floors - 7

30 - 39 floors - 9

20 - 29 floors - 13

10- 19 floors - 34

Proposed:

60 - 69 floors - 1

50 - 59 floors - 4

40 - 49 floors - 8

30 - 39 floors - 33

20 - 29 floors - 65

10- 19 floors - 120

So a total figure for Recently Completed, Under Construction, Excavation, Approved, and Proposed would look something like this:

80 - 89 floors - 1

70 - 79 floors - 1

60 - 69 floors - 1

50 - 59 floors - 6

40 - 49 floors - 20

30 - 39 floors - 74

20 - 29 floors - 138

10- 19 floors - 264

Now since we don't have accurate height data for all projects we have to get a little fuzzy in our math. ASSUMING a 300 foot building is equivalent to a 30 story building, then Toronto has 103 projects at some stage listed above.

Again, ASSUMING a 500 foot building is equivalent to a 50 story buildilng, Toronto has 9 buildings somewhere along the way.

I believe it's wrong to ignore buildings under 20 floors just because they aren't tall... Many times, buildings smaller than 40 floors, 30 floors or 20 floors are more beautiful and are more eye appealing than taller buildings...

Yeah, a lot of the taller buildings are pretty ugly, and shouldn't have been approved imo. <_<

Skyline's to not equate to much. DC does not and cannot have a true skyline as we know it, but it is one of the largest metro areas and has a beautiful "swkyline" nonetheless. Many newer cities grew because they were cheaper and additionally grew out inot the burbs with edge cities so their downtowns never were that much to speak of.

1034 is more on hold than proposed... It's between proposed and under construction but it isn't moving... Copaken White and Blitt told me they are just going to wait until a tenant arises for the tower, and then they'll build it...

Yeah, a lot of the taller buildings are pretty ugly, and shouldn't have been approved imo. 

Wow your attitude really sucks man... Don't be so ignorant please...

Take KC for example...

kcd2.JPG

skyline.JPG

We may not have as many tall buildings as LA, but our skyline is just as beautiful...

Los-Angeles.jpg

And KCg, not every thread muler has posted has anti-KC stuff in it... In fact, I've never seen him post an anti KC thing... Ease up and take a break man...

Here's a rundown of San Francisco (some of the figures have changed somewhat):

Buildings 500 feet or higher under construction:

Buildings 300 feet or higher under construction:

2 (excavation recently began on the 475' Hemisphere residential tower)

Approved 1000 feet or higher:

Approved 500 feet or higher:

Approved 300 feet or higher:

Buildings completed since 2000, 300 feet or higher:

Proposed buildings over 500 hundred feet:

1 (the 550' One Rincon Hill)

Proposed buildings over 300 feet:

Grand total of 300 feet or higher - approved, under construction, or completed whenever:

Archived