American Death toll in Iraq reaches 1000

monsoon

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought for some reason that it reached over 1000 a few months back.. (maybe that report was regarding hurt and wounded... i don't know).

What a more interesting figure to reflect on is the number of Iraqi casualities since the start of the war. Of course, our President wouln't morn/grieve over these deaths.

Guest donaltopablo

I thought for some reason that it reached over 1000 a few months back.. (maybe that report was regarding hurt and wounded... i don't know).

The 1000 number has been reported 3 times in main stream media that I've seen:

1000 total deaths (including combat)

1000 total deaths (combat, all US allied countries)

1000 total deaths (combat, just US)

This may be what your thinking of.

I just heard on the news that some 911 victim families are coming forward to publicly endorse John Kerry and plan to help him on the campaign trail. If more families decide to do this I think it would be a powerful statement that could help Kerry win the election. But Kerry has to be careful by not asking 911 victims to help him but instead let them come to him.

Bush got a bounce out of the convention but now the gap Bush created is closing in and will be even closer after the debates.

I just heard on the news that some 911 victim families are coming forward to publicly endorse John Kerry and plan to help him on the campaign trail. If more families decide to do this I think it would be a powerful statement that could help Kerry win the election. But Kerry has to be careful by not asking 911 victims to help him but instead let them come to him.

Bush got a bounce out of the convention but now the gap Bush created is closing in and will be even closer after the debates.

What in the world does 9/11 families coming out for Kerry have to do with the annoucement of 1000 US combat deaths in Iraq?

• 2 weeks later...

yea, because the war on terrorism and iraq are supposedly two differnent things.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not sure even that would make a difference. Would be different if they said 1000 deaths in the war on terrorism, or since 9/11. But 1000 deaths in Iraq is just a reference to combat deaths in a theater of operations. It's links to 9/11, or war on terror, would be political or opinion.

Archived