Friday Night update

wolfdawg54

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eagles lose to district champions FSU High.

FSU 42

Episcopal 7

Update on Townsend.

He has been relocated to Atlanta for rehab and can currently sit up in a wheelchair. He is regaining some feeling in his chest. Also, he made a big breakthrough yesterday when he was taken off the respirator and can swallow and eat!!!

that is the end but I will keep posting here on Townsend every week with new updates. He is doing a little better rencently. It is a very slow process. He is beginning to have feeling spread from his shoulders down to his arms. He can't move them yet, but this is a positive sign. Now the football is over, I will go see him in ATL.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That is so true. In fact, I visited him this weekend. He was looking good and his personality was great. He is still on a ventilator and cannot move his extremities either. He will be on CBS this Christmas and there will be an article on him in the newspaper as well. They were there taping while I was visiting. I encourage everybody to take a look because he is miraculous and this is what Christmas is about.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On Wednesday, JT Townsend's basketball jersey (number 5) was retired and hung in the gym. He attended the vasity basketball Senior Night and this was the first time that he was back at Episcopal since the accident. He was given a standing ovation upon his arrival.

More to come later...

• 3 months later...

Sorry for the long absence. Jt returned to school a month ago and was flocked by everybody. Last saturday, JT graduated from high school and was met with a standing ovation. Also, three news teams were there to compete for the best pictures of him graduating. Can you say celebrity!

Well, he is relatively the same physically. However, he has made some monumental breakthroughs such as he has regained some movement in his traps, in which he can slightly move his shoulders. Also, he still cannot breathe on his his own.

Archived