South Marshall Street / Brookstown Projects

Danny 4 Peace

Jersey Boy, I see you made a comment about the West End Village condos being "cheap". Can you give further details/opinions on that, please? I'm interested in the auction at the end of March, so it would be great to know if there are issues/concerns about them. Thanks!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like the Salemplace townhomes and the Brownstones. They have much character and fit well in the community. They add Northern architecture and neighborhood style to the area. I woul really like to see some painted brick townhomes in addition....much alike the one in Wash,DC. This area has done well even in the current real estate market.

I wish luck to them selling the new ones and hope that in better economic times they continue to build more of these. I really like the ones that have the little courtyard-backyards

• 3 weeks later...

John Davis III and company are quietly moving foward with reviving plans for a Winston-Salem Museum. The museum would be housed in 2 single story buildings on South Marshall St near the Old Salem Visitors Center. Old Salem sold the former Salvation Army building complex to help with recent efforts. If the 2 buildings are not used for a museum, Old Salem wants the property back. Plans are still in the early stages. Many issues have to be worked out such as cost, the name, what it will display, timeline etc.

http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2009/fe...n-salem-museum/

the article said that they bought the buildings for a possible museum...I wouldn't believe they would locate the museum in the actual buildings...they are not attractive nor are they designed to hold such an establishment. I hope they are demolished and something impressive is built that can be an added tourist spot for Old Salem.

Archived