New Amazing Cars

Fruit Cove's friend

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

2005 Detroit: North America key to Mitsubishi revival, new Eclipse, Raider to lead charge

011105101577.jpg

Revitalizing Mitsubishi in North America is a key part of the overall plan for returning Mitsubishi Motors Corp. to profitability.

Mitsubishi expects to unveil its business revitalization action plan at the end of this month, said Osamu Masuko, head of the automaker's overseas operations.

Rich Gilligan, the newly named president and CEO of Mitsubishi Motors North America, said on Monday that his plans call for a new sense of discipline combined with a well-defined image and a market share of between 1 percent and 2 percent. That will lead to profits, he said.

Mitsubishi ended 2004 with a 1-percent share of the U.S. market on sales of 161,609 units, down 37.1 percent from the year before.

"We know it will take time. We're willing to be patient," Gillian said at the Detroit auto show.

Mitsubishi used the show to reveal two 2006 models -- the fourth-generation Eclipse coupe and the Raider pickup.

The Eclipse, which goes on sale this summer, has a more rounded shape than its predecessor. The design was penned by Mitsubishi's studio in Cypress, Calif. Buyers will have a choice of a 165-horsepower, 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine or a 260-hp, 3.8-liter V-6.

Gilligan said a convertible version will go on sale in 2006.

<>The Raider shares its basic mechanicals with the Dodge Dakota pickup. The truck will be sold in extended cab and crew cab configurations, with 5.25- or 6.5-foot long beds. Engine choices are a 210-hp, 3.7-liter V-6 or a 230-hp, 4.7-liter V-8. The Raider goes on sale this fall.

Gilligan said Mitsubishi would show the next version of its high-performance Lancer, the Evolution IX, at the New York auto show in April.

-autoweek

• 3 weeks later...

i hope this is the direction cars go

Proto%20Lexus.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i actually saw this car today at the nashville car show. it was just a hollowed out piece of plastic. :sick: they did have some nice cars, though it was not like a detroit or new york show. more of a dealers show. my favorite car there was the ford gt. the car that impressed me the most was the mazda 3. that car has an awesome interior, it's quick and looks nice. all for under 20k. i'm really thinking about buying one.

• 1 month later...

If the new Jetta has a more spacious interior, then I like it. Otherwise no... I hate the lack of space in my car. If they'd knock out some of the dashboard (too bulky) and some of that absurdly large trunk (that no one person could ever fill) and actually make some room for four adults comfortably, it would be an excellent car. It seems the only way to get a car with real passenger space is to buy something huge and inefficient. I'm tired of that rule :) What is up with the trend of big dashboards and city sized trunks in these little cars?? What the hell!!

Subaru STI

0-60 in 4.8sec

1/4mile in 13.2 (depending on who's driving)

300hp

300lbs torque

all for under 35k

rated #1 fun/sports car by consumer reports, plus plenty of other recognition by other magazines.

I love my car, its a blast to drive. Not the prettiest from certain angles, but then again I bought the car for myself not for others...

Well, not an amazing car per sey but I do love my 04 Honda Accord v6. It has great power via the 240hp vtec engine and I think it has good looks. I chose the optional fog lights and the rear spoiler as well. The only upgrade I didn't opt for is the navigation but I really don't drive much over 300 miles from home generally.

146718364qxlJgB_ph.jpg

Man, $3150 for a car...I've already paid much more than that just in taxes this year...that's amazing.  Of course, I guess it's all relative to the year, certainly no one made in '74 what they make today.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you had hurried you could have gotten it for the discount. $2775. :)

Archived