Trump International Hotel & Tower

josita

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah.. the Trump building will look okay at least better than the Sun Times building and I hope they do try to stay to the architectural integrity of this great city. Plus this is p-r-i-m-e real estate land.. it is a beautiful spot and I am not surprised that he got it.

I am just in a Trump overload... too much of it everywhere and here he comes to my town.

The Sun Times building is an eye-sore.

I am worried, though, how the Trump tower will change the view of the Wrigley Building. I worked one year on Wacker drive and every day was able to see this beautiful building. They often change the lighting (at nighttime) on it which makes it even more beautiful and glad that you live in Chicago. It won't block all the angles, but we have yet to see how it will change some of them...

That is really nice aerial view.

The Wrigley building ("the one with the clock") - is nice in those pics, but if you are lucky enough (and maybe a few of you out there have some images) to see it at night when the lights shine on it, it is much nicer. They usually change the lighting sometimes blue, green depends... The trump tower will block some views... but it still should be ok.

change is ok... really-- gotta remind myself.

when does the trump tower begin construction?

I'm not sure off the top of my head, but when I went up in May I had lunch with one of my old co-workers. She now works for a company that was located in the Chicago Sun-Times building and they were given two months to get out so that puts the deadline for moving out around the end of July or so. I'd say they've probably already started at least some preliminary work on demolition of the Sun-Times building.

Archived