Trump International Hotel & Tower

josita

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Guy's. I just wanted to through a thought into this project. I was in Chicago the beginning of June and I was ridding the brown line to catch a transfer to Evanston. As the train round the turn from the Washington stop I couldn't help but noticed how the Trump tower was in the middle of the view from the brown line. I don't know if he planned it this way but I felt like it was pretty impressive.

• 2 months later...
Anybody watch that Discovery Channel special on the Trump Tower? Was amazing to get to see what a day on the jobsite was like through the eyes of a worker.

I watched it. For those who want to know what it was on, the show is called "Build It Bigger" and I'm sure you could find a repeat in the future of the show. It was amazing to see just how fast this tower is going up.

Its interesting how the glass appears blue from street level pics but clear/black from a downward view. Is it just dependent on where the sun is shining on the glass?

Its amazing at the rate that the building is rising; quite impressive.

• 1 month later...

While everyone has been focusing on the River side of the building, the actual users will enter on the other side. Here is what they will see.

2063169568_f9f4adf966.jpg

An angled canopy

2063169562_0beb97b398.jpg

A large, tapered, glowing parking garage entranceway. Looks rather tacked on as an after thought, but it also has some Jetsons appeal.

2063169590_949869d8b2.jpg

2063169580_f609950efe.jpg

The new main floor lobby entrance has lots of wood and lit onyx panels.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived