Florence Developments

Spartan

San Francisco is my dream city... Personally, its my favorite city, well, anywhere... Being a programmer, i just have to droll at all the possibilities there with Silicon Valley so close.. Maybe even one day get a job working at M5 Industries!!!! (are you listening Jammie Hyneman?!!!)

That being said, I'm just going to have to limit myself to listening to Radio [email protected] through I-Tunes....

Ahhh... to live in SF

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

i rode on the new 301 by pass sunday just to check it out. my thoughts on the road were this

1. it seemed quite longer than expected

2. there is almost nothing around it the whole way through, it was like cutting a road through a forest or field. nothing at all there

3. who owns the surrounding property of this new road?

4. there seems to be some kinda of land work being done near Palmetto ST. and this new bypass. maybe a mixed-use development or shopping center, basically it was just clearing land and possibly adding roads, i couldnt really tell too much.

most of this road is 2 land w/ a center turn lane but it will eventually end up wider over time im sure. speed limit 55 i think.

i rode on the new 301 by pass sunday just to check it out. my thoughts on the road were this

1. it seemed quite longer than expected

2. there is almost nothing around it the whole way through, it was like cutting a road through a forest or field. nothing at all there

3. who owns the surrounding property of this new road?

4. there seems to be some kinda of land work being done near Palmetto ST. and this new bypass. maybe a mixed-use development or shopping center, basically it was just clearing land and possibly adding roads, i couldnt really tell too much.

most of this road is 2 land w/ a center turn lane but it will eventually end up wider over time im sure. speed limit 55 i think.

I'm glad this road finally got built. It makes getting to I-95 and FMU much quicker. I haven't been on it yet but I will this week. The road is basically running through swampland (it roughly follows the yellow line below), which is why it has taken so long to be built. It will certainly help the area around Freedom Florence to grow. Until now, the road leading to the FF complex has been a dead end to nowhere.

2100165208_e221f4e70a_o.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Ouch...this was from a story on ESPN today.

Were his bike, say, gray, Holmes would more easily slip into the backdrop of the east side of Florence, a downtrodden section of a downtrodden city littered by double-wide trailers, wayward drug dealers and the shattered Budweiser bottles, used condoms, McDonald's wrappers and crumpled newspapers that seem to pock each dirt road and cement walkway.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Man, I've been away for 3 months and only 4 posts in the interim. Where is everybody? Anyway, here are some pics I took this week of some downtown construction sites.

First, the land has been cleared for the apartment complex on North Coit (5-6 stories?)

Looking north:

2411489392_1977a4ab31_o.jpg

Looking west:

2410662399_3d2b293478_o.jpg

Looking east:

12 story McLeod tower is in the background

2410661107_4dedbb1000_o.jpg

2411486582_eb674f5ecc_o.jpg

Looking south:

2410660491_eb1e8c46ac_o.jpg

2411483782_74831437dc_o.jpg

A lot has been cleared across from the McMillan Federal Building on Evans St. Unsure what's going there.

2410661725_031636a7bb_o.jpg

2411488724_02f8fd5c3f_o.jpg

Finally, here's the progress on the Little Theatre on Dargan St.

Looking southwest:

2410658397_438589d6b0_o.jpg

A low res pan looking west:

2410662291_551df2921a_o.jpg

Looking northwest:

2410659187_123c022d84_o.jpg

There's still no progress on the FMU performing arts center @ Palmetto and Dargan. I don't know what the holdup is.

Edited by flotown

• 1 month later...