Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spartan

A couple of London pictures

Nice pics. I especially like the first one. The second one is nice, but it is a couple years old, since 30 St Mary Axe isn't under construction yet.

I just now looked on emporis.com, and there will be a major transformation of the London skyline over the next decade. They have tons of proposed an approved towers! I guess maybe I should pay more attention to what's happening on the other side of the pond.

These photos don't show Canary Wharf at all either. That in itself is a great sub-skyline. I have a picture of it as seen from Greenwich. I will post that as soon as I can find the stupid memory stick that it is on.

And which one is "out of place"? I think you're talking about the Swiss thing (Not sure of it's full name). The giant blue curved thing. If so then yes, it is quite out of place. Imo it belongs in the middle east, but is still an amazing building.

Did you take those pictures?

My favorite building is the one that's out of place...would be neat to visit  :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope.

the first thing that came in my mind after seeing the first pic was i downloaded Vlakhaas Swiss HQ thingy... hey there it is! now i wana say he did an amazing job cept the color, and that it looks great in real life!

i cant beleive i havent thot about it: London shud have a downtown of some sort! well here are some well provided picks :thumbsup: - thank you for "reminding" me. cant beleive i knever thot about London's skyline, and im in Europe! how stupid of me :lol::P

London's downtown is massive, those skyscrapers are merely the Bussiness District. What is even more confusing, is that the 'City of London' is only part of the areas you would visit if you go there.

Just spent 10 days in London, got back on Monday. Had a nice time. Cant wait to go back.

Had a chance to visit Amsterdam, while I was out there too.

Both cities have great architecture.