South Carolina's largest mall

motonenterprises

I did some research on the net to find out whats the largest shopping in mall in SC. I was surprised to find out that Haywood Mall in Greenville and Westgate Mall in Spartanburg were both mentioned to be the largest malls in the state, until the one in Myrtle Beach is finished. The malls both have 1.2 million sq ft of shopping area. The one in Myrtle Beach once finished should be 1.5 million sq ft when finished. Can anyone verify my research?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. You are right. Westgate might appear smaller, but it is a longer mall, and it has more anchor spaces (room for 5 anchors), whereas Haywood Mall has more small stores and fewer anchors, plus it is stacked on two floors- so it appears to be larger.

Grand Coastal in Myrtle beach is the largest now, but like you said, its not by too much.

• 3 months later...

Simon Properties annonced recently that they are about to spend a bunch of money remodoling the Haywood Mall including redoing the entrances and the foodcourt. Also they are about to do an addition on to the Mall for a new restaurant. THey did not mention the restaurant but I would wager that it is either a PF Changs or a Cheese Cake Factory.

I don't think the Article mentioned, actually there was two articles one in the Greenville NEws Sunday Bussiness Insert and one in GSA Business.  But I don't remember if either mentioned where.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think they have to resolve a parking shortage before they can add more space, if I read/remember correctly.

You mean another garage? :)

I would love to see someone bring a restaurant on the line of a Darryl's to Greenville. That would be a turning point for the upstate's dining options. The one I visited was in Knoxville, and I've never forgotten my experience there. It is a restaurant that incorporates your dining experience into different themes throughout the place. It has a large, open room, surrounded by balconies, and nooks, all with their own unique historically rustic feel. Greenvillians would love this kind of place! :D

darryls.gif

Believe me, downtown was the first place I had in mind after eating there. :) It would fit into the scene perfectly, and offer something fresh to those whove never been there. I'd really like to know how to contact the headquarters of the restaurant and recommend the Upstate as a great opportunity for investment. :thumbsup:

Believe me, downtown was the first place I had in mind after eating there. :)  It would fit into the scene perfectly, and offer something fresh to those whove never been there.  I'd really like to know how to contact the headquarters of the restaurant and recommend the Upstate as a great opportunity for investment. :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try a Google search.

Simon Properties annonced recently that they are about to spend a bunch of money remodoling the Haywood Mall including redoing the entrances and the foodcourt.  Also they are about to do an addition on to the Mall for a new restaurant.  THey did not mention the restaurant but I would wager that it is either a PF Changs or a Cheese Cake Factory.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've heard there are going to be a couple of restaurants added, with outdoor entrances and walks in between (ie: Mall of Georgia). Both P.F.Changs and Cheescake Factory have been mentioned as have Roy's Fusion and Ted's Montana.

Any of the above would be great.

Mentioning restaurants, was on Woodruff today and there is a sign for Bonefish (construction has started), and also Firebirds Rocky Mountain Grill is suppose to open in Greenridge. On another note, the sign is up and construction has started on Whole Foods at The Point! Can't believe Greenville is getting a Whole Foods....Charlotte is just now getting their first one. Also heard Wild Oats is looking at the Greenville Market. A friend of mine from college is a chef (and diehard "foodie") and said there was some magazine article that circulated in the food industry that Greenville was one of the top "alternative food markets" in the nation. Makes sense having Garners, Fresh Market, two Earth Fares, now Whole Foods and possible a Wild Oats. Thats a major amount of alternative food retail for a market this size.

Woodruff needs more restaurants, for as many shops as there are there is a pitiful number of retuarants on Woodruff.

Also of note, coming to either Greenridge or the Point, forget which is a Total Wines and More. This will only be like their 30th location. The description I heard would be like a Publix size store that sells almost nothing but wine.

I have been to North Hampton wines a good bit, never eaten there but I have been to a wine tasting and my father has been to many wines tastings there. They are very friendly and they know a ton about wine.

They carry Prosecco so that is a plus to me anyways.

I have been to North Hampton wines a good bit, never eaten there but I have been to a wine tasting and my father has been to many wines tastings there.  They are very friendly and they know a ton about wine.

They carry Prosecco so that is a plus to me anyways.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You drink Prosecco? Do you do Bellini's?

Archived