Do You like this new skin?

Fruit Cove's friend

Do you like this new skin?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this new skin?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

i prefer the old one more, and im having some bugs. underlined words dont show- along with other minor bugs. and i wud deffinetly change the :rofl: if i were u. maybe, if it isnt to much trouble, you can let people choose if they want to go on the old skin or the new one... or any of the ones the good ol site has gone through.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's actually not a skin, it is an entire new release of the forum software. We cannot offer forumers the option of using the old software.

Underline seems to work fine.

It should be written thusly:

[u]underline[/u]

Is there a specific section of the forum where you have found it doesn't work?

As for the emoticons, that's Neo's bag, apparently he is very particular about the emoticons he chooses. :ph34r:

well stuff just doesnt feel right, and im constantly worrying something didnt work. in the simcity section- one of my words were not there at all after i underlined it(by selecting it and pressing the U), i mean there werent even spaces... just nothing.

did you turn off your avatar or something kuz it wasnt there for a day... same with other pics. theres the space for it, but n0thing. not even the red X... just a whole ugly space of nothing... nothing but the light blue forum color that is.

ill repoet more bugs as i go on through the new skin... or as cotiut said the whole new forum software.

monsoon's avatar hasn't been showing up for days, I didn't say anything, because I didn't particularly miss it :lol:

Images posted in a thread are hosted elsewhere, if there is a problem with them showing it is more than likely the fault of the server where they are being hosted.

hey i just had a problem with a collumn on the left side of the screen missing. the part before the envolopes and poll signs... or is that part of the new forum software? well... anyways... yeah- more bugs to be reported........

You're really going to have to be more specific. A column on the left side of the screen is missing doesn't really tell me what you're talking about. Also images are not hosted on this server so some may not show up, that's expected. As for avatars they are hosted here but I have not had the problem of them not showing up. I will look into that problem more.

sorry i just cant explain it...

well ok i click on SimCity@UrbanPlanet (for example) and you know where there are the red(hot topic), purple(poll), and green(topic) envolopes are? to the left side of the page? there all in a straight collumn. well to the left, the page looks very cut-off. i remember something being there.... o yeah! there used to be the > in a circle, but now that apparently shud be... something like....(edits post after takes a look)... a box that says "UP" if there are new posts in the thread or something... wait thats for a forum outside isnt it? well anyways sorry if im sounding very confusing, but its a little hard to explain... maybe ill post a picture of what i mean.

mostly everywhere... but hold on(edits post for some links)

As you can see, around the bottom of the thread there were two smilies Xed. but thats just a small example. i dont remember very clearly where... hold on ill look.

well basicly there in the older part of the threads. but one was pretty spankin new, and ALL the smilies were red Xs. watch for a link(dif post) as soon as i find it.

The names and locations on the server of some emoticons changed during the switch to the new version, this happened the last time we upgraded as well.

All new posts should display the emoticons correctly. Please let us know if they don't.

I did a quick test of all the emoticons, and they worked fine for me.

same with me, so far I havent had any of them Xed, but other people(monsoon comes to mind first) have.

You said:

the bugfinder has arrived again! im finding some smilies showing up as red Xs... half the time there red xs and half there smilies.

This is contradicting, is it not?

wow i forgot about halloween since i dont really celebrate it. or HAVENT... for like 3 years. man i feel stupid.

lol dont forget im 11 and i dont READ the dictionary... but what does contradicting mean :rofl: ?

if it means what i think it means, then what i meant by IM having problems with smilies(yadda yadda yadda), i meant that i have the problem of them showing up as red Xes when i look at them, not type them.. sorry, i need to get english and russian in my head, just getting a little crazy getting both of em in my head. :wacko:

All the posts in that thread come from before we switched to the new forum software.

Most if not all of the emoticon links were broken in the upgrade. There's not really anything we can do about it, and it isn't terribly important, if people read older threads, they can read around the broken links.

If you post an emoticon in a new thread, like today, and it doesn't work, let us know.

All the posts in that thread come from before we switched to the new forum software.

Most if not all of the emoticon links were broken in the upgrade. There's not really anything we can do about it, and it isn't terribly important, if people read older threads, they can read around the broken links.

If you post an emoticon in a new thread, like today, and it doesn't work, let us know.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

k

Archived