12 Story Condo Tower Proposed for Downtown

Allan

I don't have much infp at this point in time, but I found out about this proposal from a couple of lines in this article. I'm not real optimistic at this point, but it seems like they are at least considering it. My problem is that this is the same group that is supposed to be redeveloping the Metropolitan Building, and obviously we haven't seen any work on it yet, even though the city supposedly "sold" the building last year.

The group owns Onyx Plaza in Southfield, and the Eureka Building in Detroit, and is working on 1545 Broadway

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like what that stretch (broadway) is becoming and this should be one of the premier location in downtown. Where exactly would this be? On the one side (SW) is the new YMCA, and the next block is a bunch of restaurants and bars. Even more if the Post Bar would ever open.... I would hope they would keep this side as is since it is occupied and has a nice feel. Now the other side, I do believe could use some renovations and some life. Now as much as I like this idea, my only complaint is that I don't know of any open lots along that stretch and would prefer they use an empty lot instead of tearing down.

Still, I really hope this project comes to be and really like the location.

This is on the southwest side of broadway between Witherell and John R. I'm not sure exactly where. Possibly the vacant lot behind Post Bar? I mean why tear buildings down to build new buildings? We have plenty of vacant lots to build on.

I'm going to send an email to Larson & see what info they send to me. Hopefully I am more successful getting a reply than I was with Farbman and the Paper Place Lofts.

Found more info from the rumor mill....

Apparently Larson had planned this as a second stage to the Post Bar Project on the lot behind Post Bar. However, the first stage never got completed, so the plans got shelved. If the first stage were to ever get completed, we might see the second stage completed. However, the Post is taking a LONG time, even though a new contractor was supposedly named. Something tells me that the Detroit News jumped the gun again...no surprise there! Maybe by next summer we will see some construction at the Post. LOL. Then we'll be able to concern ourselves with this new building.

Possibly Larson dusted off these plans with the announcement of a new contractor at Post Broadway?

Archived