Trademark

49er

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure Trademark was announced to the public in December of 2004.

I'm really interested in the potential of the price increase.

Any guesses what they will go upon completion in Feb 2007?

Have we seen the largest jump or will it come when/if Trademark is sold out?

How does this price increase compare to other uptown condos of the past and how will it compare to those still to come?

I'm pretty sure Trademark was announced to the public in December of 2004.

I'm really interested in the potential of the price increase.

Any guesses what they will go upon completion in Feb 2007?

Have we seen the largest jump or will it come when/if Trademark is sold out?

How does this price increase compare to other uptown condos of the past and how will it compare to those still to come?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My guess is that price increases have pretty much run as far as they're going to with any speed. This reflected the change in public perception over the past three years about 1) condos being viable primary home options and 2) uptown Charlotte being a good place to live. If you're looking for a bigger pop, I'd suggest right outside the inner loop in a neighborhood that has good schools and amenities. But, I'm not exactly what one would call a professional at this stuff, I've just made a few observations.

Hey guys, any word on when Trademark is going to "really" start?. I have noticed the lot is essentially clear. So the Old Center City Inn is history (thank God!). I was hoping we would see cranes and heavy equipment move in within the next month. Any news on this?

A2

Hey guys, any word on when Trademark is going to "really" start?. I have noticed the lot is essentially clear. So the Old Center City Inn is history (thank God!). I was hoping we would see cranes and heavy equipment move in within the next month. Any news on this?

A2

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you peek over the fence there is just a hole in the ground, no more rubble, but the hole looks like the basement or slab of the inn with concrete side walls. The hardest part of taking the structure down seems to be finished. I would think another month before a crane is up though. Avenue work has been going on for a couple weeks and no crane yet, and Trademark work is about to the point where Avenue started...

Man I cant wait though, Epicenter isn't too far away either. I love this city :D

• 2 weeks later...

Went by the other night. All debris are completely gone. Only thing left is a sloping basement with the foundation still intact. You can get a full view by going into the parking lot next to it. There are no screens to block the view. No signs of any construction equipment.

Well, the site has been clear for about 2 weeks now. Thats why i'm wondering what the delay is all about.  :blush:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They are about to commence construction. :) According to Furman's group they are just waiting on a few permits to be approved. This project is 99.9% a go. I also believe that Furman is trying to "stagger" his product coming on line with his other major contributions to center city residential already under construction.

A2

I have no basis for saying this, but I believe they are waiting to use the crane from Courtside...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is no reason to wait....the crane is rented by the contractor (Babson Cook) and there are plenty of cranes to go around.....it doesn't save them in money to wait.....in fact it is costing them money to wait because they are paying taxes on the land, and possibly paying interest on a loan.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got back from the Trademark site. I spoke directly to the head of the GC working the project. I think the guy was thinking to himself, "who the hell does this guy think he is, walking into this site?". But none the less, I asked him ONE question. When do we see a crane ??? His response was September. ALL permits HAVE BEEN APPROVED and the work being done now is simply soil sampling. YEAH !!! Now back to my ranting...

Fur----Man, Fur----Man, Fur----Man. Everybody now !

A2

Archived