49er

• 2 months later...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

That's one month behind already.  :wacko:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They estimate that the motel will be gone in 60 days - and then a 20-month development for the project. Puts this thing ~ 2 years from complete.

From what I could gather, looked like ~ 50-60% of this place is left, mostly on the upper floors. Pricing seems to be in the $285-300/sf range, with the 5k per floor above 7 - on top of that. So a 1100 SF place on the 18th floor should be (1100 x 285) + (5000 x 11) = $368,000.

Also, the HOA are $0.21/sf, regardless of floor.

it wasn't "featured", but jack black and gwyneth walked down trade in the movie, and you can see the courthouse and fuel in the background.

i'm surprised that center city inn wasn't named an historic landmark after that.

also, i agree it looks SOOO much better with the plastic.

i guess if the residential market didn't pick up, and that building was made over as "hautel", glass curtain walls would have made a big difference.

No no no.....they ate in there.....they ordered the cheeseburger pizza if my memory serves me correct (though in real life there are no waiters)....then her chair broke.....they left and Jack Black was carrying a doggy-bag..........geez -_-

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know exactly when they will begin construction on Trademark? It looks like they've been prepping that old hotel for demolition for some time. I noticed the other day that they put up a huge sign advertising remaining units for sale.

Thanks for the info.

Btw, I'm new.

Welcome......I've heard that it will probably be mid to late june......the asbetos removal has taken longer than anticipated (doesn't it always.....maybe a developer will one day factor this in)......none the less.....it's definetly coming down, and TradeMark is definetly going up.

it won't be long till all the asbestos is gone from charlotte :) with our rate of razing old buildings.

When did asbestos use end?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm pretty sure it's been banned from use in any construction since 1978, right around the same time lead-based paint use was also stopped.

i just rode by the site - the plastic is down, and the joint looks gutted. i think this cookies about to crumble. i don't see any reason why this can't be completed by feb. 2007. furman is amped and seems to be eager to pick up the momentum of (dare i say) hugh mccoll...just without as much resources. could ghazi become his crutchfield...?

• 2 weeks later...

yea, 45 days is a long time to remove that abestos.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Word on the street is that Trademark's funding might not go through. [E7 Editing this post to comment that this is just a RUMOR, third person hearsay and that I have significant doubt that it is true, especially based on some conversations I just had a few minutes ago. Hopefully a false alarm but, as always, caveat emptor. If you're buying in the TM, you'll want to ask them directly about it I'm sure. I've dealt with BlvdCentro before and they've been nothing but upfront, generous and honest with me.]

are you kidding!?!  that is terrible news.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's what I heard. Might explain why the old hotel is still sitting there. I have to stress, though, that it is hearsay and I don't know the person I heard it from enough to be positive. This person works in the business, though, and would be in a good position to know.

Archived