Trademark

49er

Word on the street is that Trademark's funding is not going to go through.  BOA doesn't want to lend them the money for some reason, maybe because they don't have enough of the project sold.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No way !!!! Say it aint so. Someone call the silly bank and get this thing rolling....

PLEASE ... :(

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No way !!!! Say it aint so. Someone call the silly bank and get this thing rolling....

PLEASE ... :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was pretty dumbfounded to hear it too. You would think they'd be eager to lend to someone who's been so successful. Especially with the Courtside project. Maybe they're leery of all the competition?

its just a rumor, we don't know what is truly going on yet.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, that's why I stress caution on this point. Frankly, the Trademark was the one building I thought was a sure thing. I don't believe plans have ever fallen through this late in the game on a Blvd Centro project. Of course it is a huge building and if it isn't sold out quickly enough, momentum tends to die off.

Yes, that's why I stress caution on this point.  Frankly, the Trademark was the one building I thought was a sure thing.  I don't believe plans have ever fallen through this late in the game on a Blvd Centro project.  Of course it is a huge building and if it isn't sold out quickly enough, momentum tends to die off.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The bank should be on this thing, if for no other reason, to further promote Charlotte. It's their home for goodness sake. Bofa should understand that the demand is there. We don't even have 1% of the metro living dtwn. I have heard figures that uptown could support 3-4%. That would beclose to 60K-75K people w/in the loop. We are just under 12K living dtwn now. The bank needs to realize this and get on board. Courtside should be another reason Bofa funds it. IT IS ALMOST COMPLETELY SOLD OUT. I think that speaks volumes about this wonderful company. GO BC :thumbsup:

The bank should be on this thing, if for no other reason, to further promote Charlotte. It's their home for goodness sake. Bofa should understand that the demand is there. We don't even have 1% of the metro living dtwn. I have heard figures that uptown could support 3-4%. That would beclose to 60K-75K people w/in the loop. We are just under 12K living dtwn now. The bank needs to realize this and get on board. Courtside should be another reason Bofa funds it. IT IS ALMOST COMPLETELY SOLD OUT. I think that speaks volumes about this wonderful company. GO BC

e7 are you saying courtside isn't completely sold out? or did you misread a#? I don't think anyone is saying trademark is sold out, but i sure hope it isn't the case that courtside is somehow losing buyers afer being the poster child for uptown demand.

EDIT: oh, you corrected it... phew... got worried that courtside was part of the prob.

e7 are you saying courtside isn't completely sold out? or did you misread a#?  I don't think anyone is saying trademark is sold out, but i sure hope it isn't the case that courtside is somehow losing buyers afer being the poster child for uptown demand.

EDIT: oh, you corrected it... phew... got worried that courtside was part of the prob.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, Courtside isn't completely sold out, they still have four units left. Two of them are the 1700 square foot ones on the non-rounded corner. It is the Trademark that's not sold out, so sorry if I caused some confusion. Also, see my remarks expressing doubt about the truth of the rumor where I edited the original post. I'm almost wondering if that person wasn't mistakenly talking about the Park.

Actually, Courtside isn't completely sold out, they still have four units left.  Two of them are the 1700 square foot ones on the non-rounded corner.  It is the Trademark that's not sold out, so sorry if I caused some confusion.  Also, see my remarks expressing doubt about the truth of the rumor where I edited the original post.  I'm almost wondering if that person wasn't mistakenly talking about the Park.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just called Boulevard Centro, they are still building Trademark. Any rumors are false. They have over 65% of the units sold. The financing is 100% secured. :D

I just called Boulevard Centro, they are still building Trademark. Any rumors are false. They have over 65% of the units sold. The financing is 100% secured. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's a relief, but the point is made for me not to get too excited until dirt is turning.

The only reason that I can imagine BofA not lending on this is because they have decided to finance EpiCentre as a condo project instead, and don't want to spread the market too thin. That said, even if BofA walks, I feel pretty certain that Blvd Centro can find a new lender. They have a great track record, and that usually makes finding capital relatively easy.

The only reason that I can imagine BofA not lending on this is because they have decided to finance EpiCentre as a condo project instead, and don't want to spread the market too thin.  That said, even if BofA walks, I feel pretty certain that Blvd Centro can find a new lender.  They have a great track record, and that usually makes finding capital relatively easy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

is that intell, or conjecture?

• 2 weeks later...

good deal. When should construction commence after the building is removed?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Another FYI: The old Center City Inn is almost a memory. It is almost 50% gone. YEAH !!! This one is a "go" as well. I would suspect construction would begin sometime in July or August.

(btw, If you can sit though Nell, you will still be able to admire this wonderful structure of CLT. :rofl: I think Jodi Foster actually is standing outside one of the rooms when one of the shots of CLT was taken. You can see the reflection of the BofA tower in a puddle of water outside in the Parking lot of the Inn, if I remember correctly. Oh, and don't let me forget of Shallow Hal.)

by 50% gone, are you referring to them tearing down part of the structure recently (haven't been by in a few weeks)... or just the removal of the asbestos and stuff?

i think i hate that inn enough that i'll fast forward through the nell or shallow hal scenes with it if ever i watch them again. :)

Archived