Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KCghettoboi

Early city images

Post your pics of your city in it's earliest stages. I don't yet have a pic of the drawing of the "town of kansas"(it was named that even though it was actually in missouri), but it is a drawing of a few brick buildings on the edge of the missouri river, present day DT KCMO... :thumbsup:

Not one of my City of Sydney but here is a diagram of Brisbane.

Ironically the diagram is on the front of an 1888 Sydney Newspaper :lol:

brisdiagram.jpg

It's amazing how fast cities have grown over the last 150 years... KC has grew from a couple hundred people in 1846 to 2.1 million in 160 years.

I like looking at old cemeteries, the oldest cemetery I've ever been to was the Pitcher Cemetery in KCMO, it was established in 1803 even before it was part of the USA I believe. One guy buried there is a revolutionary war vet, he fought with the N.C militia. He died in 1803...

Detroit started out as a French fort. Here is a map of the city in 1762, 61 years after the area had been settled.

detr1764.gif

Detroit from Sandwich, Ontario - 1852

bl004050.jpg

Additionally, an overview drawing of the city in the 1840s or 50s can be seen HERE.

Well, you can't say from a couple hundred to 2.1 million...

KC itself is not 2.1 million, our CSA is, and if you included the population of our current area (for the CSA) and found the total population back in the 1850s... The area would probably be somewhere near (well below) 150,000... But that is a very very uneducated guess...

KC has grown from 500 in 1840 to 3,000 in 1850... And now we are on our way to having 500,000 people... (for the 2nd time)

well I meant the entire metro itself, really a metro is one entire city(if you look at it without political borders)...

I think most major city propers were all larger at one time, look at how large STL proper once was. But came the development of suburbs so city pops. fell... :silly: