KCghettoboi

Who will you vote for?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you vote for?

• Bush?
    • Kerry?
    • Nader?
    • Other?
    • I will not vote because, it doesn't make a difference?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to vote Liberterian.

KC - not voting is never the answer. Even if the choice isn't ideal, your vote counts in many ways. Politicans look at voting records by age group as well as the percentages won by independent or small party members. These numbers count, even if it means that the parties in power have to consider where you vote will go when they need it.

It is your patriotic duty

I'm not sure I'd call voting your duty. It's your right and that right extends to not voting if you really want. I wouldn't recommend it, but it's not like you HAVE to....

KC - not voting is never the answer.  Even if the choice isn't ideal, your vote counts in many ways.  Politicans look at voting records by age group as well as the percentages won by independent or small party members.  These numbers count, even if it means that the parties in power have to consider where you vote will go when they need it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly. Not voting is never the answer. If just a few more people had voted in Florida last go around, we would not have the same president. Think about it.

:w00t: .... :rofl: ^?

I don't know anybody who has ever voted in a presidential election, except for my mom's parents who have voted along democratic party lines their entire life... I like to consider myself a moderate or better yet a realist_ I keep it real!

P.S see cotuit we can have a civilized discussion, no need to have a heartattack :thumbsup:

PB, I couldn't have said it better myself. My life will go on no matter who wins. My personal life has never altered with the change of presidents. I have always been poor, with only occasional health insurance here and there(inner-city government funded hospitals pick up the tab)... I here about how everybody was much better off during the clinton years, Who was better off? I wasn't, even though my dad worked 2 jobs most of the time. I hear how bad the economy is, but nobody I know has been impacted by it. What it all boils down to is the prsidents do NOT really control the fate of our nation, congress and the senate does. They are the ones who vote on every law and every admendment, congress is the only one who can declare war. My advice for everybody is to Chill out, cuz no matter who wins your life will likely not change...

You are correct that the President alone does not hold the entire key to changing your life. Actually, you control that :) Presidents don't have magic wands. Your also correct that congress is a big factor in laws.

However, all three play into each other. Even though it's not likely that any President will have a magical change in your life, it can impact several of the things you mention: health insurance, inner city programs, education, affirmative action, tax levels. These can have serious impacts on your life, rich or poor. Things change slowly usually with government, but they do change and are impacted.

congress is the only one who can declare war

Name the last war where congress declared war... I'll give ya a hint, it wasn't Afganistan or Iraq.

Did congress declare war when we bombed Kosovo?under the clinton administration.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll keep hinting. Congress didn't declare war in Kosovo, or any conflict during Clintons term. Didn't declare war before that.

My comment wasn't a 'political' statement about the conflicts in Afganistan or Iraq and I wasn't trying to debate the merits of the wars. I'm trying to point out a flaw in your comment about Congress declaring war and why that isn't a reason to vote.

So since you used this as a reason for not voting, I'd like you to defend your remark by telling me the last time congress actually declared war. Whether you agree with Iraq, or any war in general, or not... who you vote for makes a difference. That's my point.

Archived