KCghettoboi

Who will you vote for?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you vote for?

• Bush?
    • Kerry?
    • Nader?
    • Other?
    • I will not vote because, it doesn't make a difference?

I'm voting for Kerry and so is my partner. I don't trust Bush, I don't agree with his stand on the war, or like his conservative family values. He is also anti-gay rights and has shown very poor support for the arts in his four years in office. I'm an independent voter, but I vote for all Democrats. :P

Everyone should vote. It doesn't matter which party you like. Let your voice be heard. So what if the polls say someone else will win your state. Go out and vote and make change! I can't believe 4 people will sit out this election. This is one of the most important elections we've had since Vietnam.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We all have our views on who should be president. I think this whole election has just got heated up turning people against one another. I just recently heard on the news that this man tried to kill his girlfriend because she supports Kerry. Katherine Harris almost got run over with a car by a Kerry supporter. I dont hold any hard feelings for anyone who hold a different view from my self. Im a democrat and I support John Kerry but I also have friends that are supporting Bush. In the end we support the candidate the looks after our own interest. I think both sides have probabally gone too far on a number of things. One stereotype about Kerry supporters is that they all hate Bush. I don't hate Bush but I just don't agree with his domestic and foreign policies. I don't trust him because the administration is so secretive and tries to cover its tracks. The administration also never admits its mistakes. When you cant admit that you've made a mistake how can you fix it? Its also obvious that mistakes were indeed made in Iraq and the war on terrorism. This biggest 2 mistakes with Iraq was the rush to war with the "go it alone" approach and secondly we went to war without a plan to win the peace. a number of UN nation would likely support the U.S. more with Iraq if we had a new administration that more willing to work wi the U.N.

The Katherin Harris run down was way overblown from what I can tell.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It sure seemed to be. I'm not sure I would have minded if she got hit anyway...

We all have our views on who should be president. I think this whole election has just got heated up turning people against one another. I just recently heard on the news that this man tried to kill his girlfriend because she supports Kerry. Katherine Harris almost got run over with a car by a Kerry supporter. I dont hold any hard feelings for anyone who hold a different view from my self. Im a democrat and I support John Kerry but I also have friends that are supporting Bush. In the end we support the candidate the looks after our own interest. I think both sides have probabally gone too far on a number of things. One stereotype about Kerry supporters is that they all hate Bush. I don't hate Bush but I just don't agree with his domestic and foreign policies. I don't trust him because the administration is so secretive and tries to cover its tracks. The administration also never admits its mistakes. When you cant admit that you've made a mistake how can you fix it? Its also obvious that mistakes were indeed made in Iraq and the war on terrorism. This biggest 2 mistakes with Iraq was the rush to war with the "go it alone" approach and secondly we went to war without a plan to win the peace. a number of UN nation would likely support the U.S. more with Iraq if we had a new administration that more willing to work wi the U.N.

There are a number of things that I don't agree with you on, just from that brief paragraph. But there are certainly several points I do, including that they both have gone too far (as have many of their supporters). I always don't care much for the secretive ways of the Bush Administration. I certainly feel that public officials should be out in the open as much as possible, as well as try to avoid situations which could potentially appear as a conflict of interest.

Love the level head it was brought out with too.

The incompetent or the incoherent?

Oct 28th 2004

From The Economist print edition

With a heavy heart, we think American readers should vote for John Kerry on November 2nd

YOU might have thought that, three years after a devastating terrorist attack on American soil, a period which has featured two wars, radical political and economic legislation, and an adjustment to one of the biggest stockmarket crashes in history, the campaign for the presidency would be an especially elevated and notable affair. If so, you would be wrong. This year's battle has been between two deeply flawed men: George Bush, who has been a radical, transforming president but who has never seemed truly up to the job, let alone his own ambitions for it; and John Kerry, who often seems to have made up his mind conclusively about something only once, and that was 30 years ago. But on November 2nd, Americans must make their choice, as must The Economist. It is far from an easy call, especially against the backdrop of a turbulent, dangerous world. But, on balance, our instinct is towards change rather than continuity: Mr Kerry, not Mr Bush.

Whenever we express a view of that sort, some readers are bound to protest that we, as a publication based in London, should not be poking our noses in other people's politics. Translated, this invariably means that protesters disagree with our choice. It may also, however, reflect a lack of awareness about our readership. The Economist's weekly sales in the United States are about 450,000 copies, which is three times our British sale and roughly 45% of our worldwide total. All those American readers will now be pondering how to vote, or indeed whether to. Thus, as at every presidential election since 1980, we hope it may be useful for us to say how we would think about our vote-if we had one.

The case against George Bush

That decision cannot be separated from the terrible memory of September 11th, nor can it fail to begin as an evaluation of the way in which Mr Bush and his administration responded to that day. For Mr Bush's record during the past three years has been both inspiring and disturbing.

Mr Bush was inspiring in the way he reacted to the new world in which he, and America, found itself. He grasped the magnitude of the challenge well. His military response in Afghanistan was not the sort of poorly directed lashing out that Bill Clinton had used in 1998 after al-Qaeda destroyed two American embassies in east Africa: it was a resolute, measured effort, which was reassuringly sober about the likely length of the campaign against Osama bin Laden and the elusiveness of anything worth the name of victory. Mistakes were made, notably when at Tora Bora Mr bin Laden and other leaders probably escaped, and when following the war both America and its allies devoted insufficient military and financial resources to helping Afghanistan rebuild itself. But overall, the mission has achieved a lot: the Taliban were removed, al-Qaeda lost its training camps and its base, and Afghanistan has just held elections that bring cautious hope for the central government's future ability to bring stability and prosperity.

The biggest mistake, though, was one that will haunt America for years to come. It lay in dealing with prisoners-of-war by sending hundreds of them to the American base at Guant

How could people vote for Bush is beyond my understanding...

First of all, he gets us to the Iraq war for wrong reason and he wont admit it. If he would apologized, I would have more respect to him.

Second, he rushed into war just because he wants to do it...thousands of innocent people dies and young soldiers from USA sacrified their life for nothing. Just put yourself in the shoes of the family of those soldiers. I proposed that whoever support the war should also automatically send either his/her daughter/son/ dad or mom to the war if they support the war so much.

Deficit is so high that it takes generation to pay it back.

He gives tax break to rich people like himself when they dont really need tax break.

Foreign policy is at all time low.

Anti Gay marriage amendment violate gay american civil rights. Treat gay people as second class citizen. Gay people are good citizen too...we pay taxes but cant get the benifits we deserved.

Plus, he sent all the Osama family memebers out of the country right after the attack. And u think that's right?

It is time for a new start....Kerry

Archived