Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fruit Cove

NEW $50

Home > News > AP News > Story

Florida | Across the South

September 28th - 8:25 pm ET

New, more colorful $50 bill goes into circulation; plans for new $10 bill in the works

JEANNINE AVERSA

Associated Press Writer

The new $50 bill employs several ways to make it more difficult to produce counterfeit copies of the currency.

WASHINGTON

I like it. I'm glad they're starting to put some color into tenders. Hmmm, that just made me hungry. :blink:

I'm sort of hungry too, I don't think I could eat though because I'm too tired to make anything. I just got off work (from last night at 7)...

I'm sort of hungry too, I don't think I could eat though because I'm too tired to make anything. I just got off work (from last night at 7)...

Mmmm, 3rd shift. :blink:

The $100 is actually isn't the next bill to have a makeover, that will be pushed back as it will have its own unique features. It's being delayed b/c it's the most counterfeited bill outside the US, and it will have more features than the new $20 and $50. The $10's make over should be next.