Nation's BEST arena now has a design!!!

ShowMeKC

one of you two kc boyz :rofl: replied earlier when i said i was born in kc, kansas and said it wasnt as nice a place as kc, missouri. so you might want to check YOUR facts. last i checked it was on the border. just everything mentionable was on the missouri side. what now? :rofl::whistling:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What in the blue hell is AEG? Wait. Don't answer that. It doesn't matter who they are, the Magic are not negotiating with anyone outside of Orlando or whatever you'd like to think, because I'd know about it. Every NBA fan would. It would make news somewhere else besides just your neck of the woods, which isn't the center of the universe, believe it or not. I'm sure you're just eating up all that wishful thinking that is apparently going on in KC's media though. Too bad they forgot to tell those lies to anyone else. I already told you not to cite the idiots at the Slantinel as credible sources, or even half-way competent sources for that matter, but you quoted them anyway. I'll be sending you your brand new copy of Hooked on Phonics very soon. How you read that article to begin with is beyond me.

Kansas City is a much more attractive location than Orlando... Sure Orlando has a nice warm enviornment but still, you don't need a nice enviornment for an arena...

I found this to be the most amusing part of your most recent rambling, although a lot of it was rather amusing, I decided to single this part out. Kansas City a much more attractive location than Orlando? Uhmm... How do I say this?... No it's not. Not like you would actually know. And you even contradicted yourself. You don't need a nice environment for a nice arena, eh? That tells me a lot about your city.

They already moved the Hornets to the West in order to equal the conferences out after expansion. They even took the time to make brand new divisions this year. Do you actually see them being perfectly fine with the idea of having to re-align the entire league once again? I don't think so. Certainly not because you just happen to be getting a new arena and the wishful thinking is at an all-time high. New arena does not automatically equal new sports team. Sorry, welcome to reality. You can get Advil at your nearest grocery store. :thumbsup:

tsk tsk FLA, didn't you even read that the Orlando Magic story was also on ESPN?

Also, I was saying we are more attractive, we will have the largest entertainment district in the region, many hotels and parking spaces will be near the arena. A new PAC, Ballroom, Ballet are all gonna be built near the arena... In 2010 downtown will have more than 30,000 people. (in just 3 square miles mind you)

Not to mention the density and beauty of downtown KC.

I don't know if you know, but KC has hot summers, cold cold winters, rainy/cold springs and cold/mild falls... However we aren't hot all year round like Florida is...

Quote from the Orlando Sentinel

Everything is in place except the team; and the Magic are the perfect candidate -- or shall we say the imperfect one. In Orlando, the team is on shaky financial ground and has been rebuked by civic leaders in its attempt to get a new arena. After last season's miserable finish, the Magic's season ticket base has plunged to a paltry 6,000 -- miniscule by league standards.

I am just wondering, are you saying Kansas City won't get NBA no matter what or are you just being biast and saying that we won't get the Magic?

AEG (AKA Anschutz Entertainment Group )happens to be the company who is searching for KC's NBA team... They happen to own 30% of the Lakers and another portion of the Sparks...

Orlando only has about 200,000 people in their city, and only 1.5-1.6million people in the metro...

Whereas Kansas City has 450,000 people in our city (will be near or past 500,000 in 2010) and over 2 million people in our metro area...

FLA, You are a true and utter Moron. you are ignorant, bring some facts to the table. I know you must be mad the Magic's are looking for a new stadium, and you must be mad they are in talks with kansas city. You sound stupid. Kansas City is a much better place for an NBA team than Orlando. One reason we would have a much bigger audience, mainly because of the size of our urbancore. You are entitiled to your opinions, but they are stupid ignorant rants. :thumbsup:

FLA, You are a true and utter Moron. you are ignorant, bring some facts to the table. I know you must be mad the Magic's are looking for a new stadium, and you must be mad they are in talks with kansas city. You sound stupid. Kansas City is a much better place for an NBA team than Orlando. One reason we would have a much bigger audience, mainly because of the size of our urbancore. You are entitiled to your opinions, but they are stupid ignorant rants. :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

KC, don't accuse him of his opinions either. Just because he feels that way, let him. That doesn't mean that he is ignorant. You are entitled to your opinions as well. That is why they are opinions. Nobody knows what is going to happen with the Magic anyway. Both are great places in my opinion.

I just love how you go into detail about how they'll be dying to move the team due to the "attractiveness" of KC, yet you fail to acknowledge their current home, Orlando, as anything other chan chop liver. Proving to me that you shouldn't be talking about bias. I don't know how this discussion went from being about arenas to cities. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't recall the franchise ever requesting a new city to be built... just an arena. And they didn't mean one across the country. Also, bringing up the drops in attendance is rather pointless when they won only 21 games. It would be no different anywhere else, including KC. You say KC would be a much better place for an NBA team and don't even bother explaining how. Very weak arguement overall.

FLA, like i've said before, why do you think you can talk about KC? We can support NBA alot better than Orlando ever could... One of the factors being that we have more people. Orlando is small compared to Kansas City, I'd compare it to Kansas City, KS or Independence, MO...

You've got Orlando:

skyline.jpg

Then you've got Kansas City:

skyline.JPG

Also, we will have a more attractive enviornment than Orlando... We will have the Power & Light District...

FLA, like i've said before, why do you think you can talk about KC? We can support NBA alot better than Orlando ever could... One of the factors being that we have more people. Orlando is small compared to Kansas City, I'd compare it to Kansas City, KS or Independence, MO...

Also, we will have a more attractive enviornment than Orlando

Gee golly, you make so much sense. :rofl:

So let me get this straight. I can't speak on KC, but you can not only speak on Orlando, but also acknowledge it as nothing more than chop liver and act like it has absolutely nothing at all going for it, as if you actually know anything at all about it, which you don't. Thanks for clearing that up. :rolleyes::thumbsup:

And last time I checked, a city's population had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with it's ability to support a sports team. I'd bother to mention examples, but it's painfully obvious you're a lost cause and I refuse to waste anymore time on this joke. Have fun supporting those Kings of yours. Oh wait... :unsure:

Independence, MO? WTF? :rofl:

FLA, you've already caused alot of trouble, why the hell did you bother posting here? flame bait?

I'm gonna keep calm because someone has already gotten suspended for replying to your idiotic posts...

I can't talk about Orlando, however it doesn't compete with KC at all, we are larger, more attractive, etc...

Sure Orlando has Disney and the Magic, but heck, what else does Orlando have?

You are a troll and I refuse to bother with your stupidity anymore...

Your ignorance is giving me a headache. Talk about flaming. Replying to me isn't the idiotic thing, it's replying the way you do.

I can't talk about Orlando, however it doesn't compete with KC at all, we are larger, more attractive, etc...

Wow... just wow... I know you probably have absolutely no clue what's even wrong with that sentence. Wow...

And of course every knowledgable person knows Orlando = Disney and nothing more.

I need an Advil myself now.

Listen, KC is my "heaven on Earth" and when anybody insults or puts KC down, they pay the price... or in other words, I start bashing them and their city... No one has the right to insult my "earthly heaven"...

I'm very passionate about KC, and I don't like anyone who isn't positive or anyone who doesn't like KC...

You don't have the right to insult Kansas City, you may have the freedom of speech, but that doesn't mean anything to me when it comes to talking about Kansas City. In my heart, KC is seperate from all the other cities and states in the USA.

You will never understand how much I love KC will you?

It is above my own family... However below God, because nothing compares to him.

Kansas City is the 2nd most thing I love over all things... I defend it as though it is my own family and home... Anyone who says anything bad about it is going to pay the price...

lol

Most likely NBA? No, most likely nothing.

I consider this to be bashing Kansas City...

You don't live here, and you never will, because you don't belong here... So you will never understand the boom Kansas City is having right now... I know how much Orlando is booming, and it doesn't nearly compare to our boom...

Kansas City is going to be at 500k in 2010 (or around there), that is 50k in 10 years! Downtown Kansas City will be at or above 30,000 by 2010, that's an increase of over 24,000 people!

I seriously doubt you realize what is going on here.

I also never accept pessimistic or negative posts aimed at Kansas City... The people ho post such things obviously don't know about Kansas City or the development here... We aren't shooting to beat Dallas, Denver or Minneapolis, we are shooting to be above all of those cities and become a major city... Not bigger than Houston, LA, Chicago or NYC though, but we are shooting to become the biggest city in the Midwest and Rocky Mountain Regions...

I'm glad you live in Orlando, because you would never deserve to live in such a beautiful place as Kansas City...

Crusade with no point? I'm on a "crusade" to prove to people that Kansas City is what I know it is! However people like you, refuse to accept the facts that I put through. I tell you the truth, and yet you do not accept the truth, and go by your own blind opinion.

I'm not going to bother you after this point... If you reply after this, then you are obviously blinded by your own opinion and do not see the truth. And that I would never be able to convince you that you are wrong and that Kansas City is the most beautiful, wonderful place on Earth...

The only thing other than God that will ever be above my love for Kansas City will be my future wife and kids...

You have an idea about how passionate I am about Kansas City... I love my family a whole lot, yet I love Kansas City even more than that.

Heaven is the most peace you can ever find... Kansas City is the most peace I could ever find on Earth...

My family is my entire family, if I refer to my wife and kids seperately, they are the exeptions...

So basically it goes like this...

God

Future Wife and Kids

Kansas City

The rest of my family

Friends

I don't have to be politically correct you know...

My family knows how much I love them, which is a whole lot... So if you think about how much some1 with a near "perfect" family loves them, then you have an idea about how much I love Kansas City... A whole whole whole lot...

Fruit, so you are saying Orlando is better than Kansas City? If so then you neither belong here... Glad you live in a different city...

Archived