Nation's BEST arena now has a design!!!

ShowMeKC

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FLA just shut your worthless mouth... You have no business even posting here with that kind of an attitude... You do not live here, and thus you cannot ever think about judging Kansas City... Go back to the other forums where you belong...

Shut up and quit being a troll and looking for flame bait...

BTW FLA, besides the Magic, Kings and Hornets looking at KC, the Clippers have a possibility of moving... The future looks pretty bright for our arena if you ask me...

The KC live district will have street level retail and a lot of entertainment.

KCdevin, I hope you were not for real when you said this city means more to you than your family? Do you have brothers and sisters? Your wife and kids should come first then your mother, Father,brothers, and sisters... :whistling:

• 2 months later...

Our arena will have the National Basketball Coaches Hall of Fame, it will also hold at least 5-6 other minor league teams...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you mean teams in the area or teams in the arena? Staples Center has the most sports tenants in the country -- Lakers, Clippers, Kings, Arena Football, WNBA, and Lacrosse. I don't think i've ever heard of a facility with that many minor league tenants.

I might imagine you could get: NBA/NHL, AHL or not if you got NHL, AF2 and maybe Lacrosse, but that'd be only 3 minor league tenants.

• 1 month later...

we have lots of water btw,

also, sure Orlando has Disney who can compete with that?

however what about when you take out Disney?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Universal, Sea World, Lockheed Martin, University of Central Florida, Darden Resturants I believe, EA Sports, AAA.

Also I'd ask you to check your facts on Orlando's metro population we're very close if not at 2 million. And we're predicted to be at 2.5 by 2010.

And since you're discussing NBA remember that Tampa is considered in the Magic's territory. So are you sure KC could compete with that?

I doubt that the Orlando Magic will leave for KC. Whoever said that KC is a more desirable place than Orlando is an idiot. It is the number one tourist place in America with the exception of Las Vegas maybe. The place is exploding with growth and offers things KC can only wish for. I really like KC's new arena, and I hope they get an NBA team. The chances of getting Orlando's team is hard to believe. Good luck with finding a team!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Kansas City will be one of the best cities in the Mid-West. Because with our futuristic downtown on the horizing we'll be the talk of the mid-west. St.Louis cannot compare to what KC is doing with our downtwon, Their losing people in their city core. In 1950 they had almost 1million people in their city alone. And now wichitah has a bigger population than STL. The only reason why STL gets more attention than KC is because of the Arch.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

You didn't read my first post very well, HOK, Ellerbe Beckett, 360 Architecture BEAT Frank Gehry for the design...

Also, we are going to get either NHL or NBA with this arena... Most likely NBA... We have 3 possible NBA teams, Orlando Magic, Sacramento Kings, and New Orleans Hornets... And one possible NHL team, the Mighty Ducks... (however with the current NHL situation, we will probably get NBA)

sonfire, how is this crap? Or were you referring to something else?

Pretty amazing that 3 different architectural firms could collaborate on any project, let alone one this complicated - congrats! Good luck acquiring an NBA francise - I am not sure anyone in their right mind would desire an NHL team now. By the way, didn't you already have the Sacramento Kings in KC - what is different now to insure their success?

Kansas City will be one of the best cities in the Mid-West. Because with our futuristic downtown on the horizing we'll be the talk of the mid-west. St.Louis cannot compare to what KC is doing with our downtwon, Their losing people in their city core. In 1950 they had almost 1million people in their city alone. And now wichitah has a bigger population than STL. The only reason why STL gets more attention than KC is because of the Arch.

Be careful with this discussion. Kansas City is one of the poorest planned cities I have ever visited. You have KCI so far north it takes an 1 1/2 hours to drive anywhere close to people. The sports complex (Royals Stadium and Arrowhead Stadium) are so far west there is no interaction with any urban context the city might provide. The Plaza is cool, but again is sort of a stand-alone element. There is no true "downtown" to Kansas City - just about 4-5 different nodes that are not connected very well. I think the P&L Entertainment district is a great idea and I hope it is successful, because I think KC has a lot to offer as a city, but don't try to make yourself "taller" by attempting to knock down St. Louis.

The latest design of the Sprint Center has been released.

sprintcenter10qp.jpg

sprintcenter29dt.jpg

sprintcenter36rs.jpg

sprintcenter43rz.jpg

Opening fall 2007

Total building size - 657,000 sf

Private suites - 72

Seating for center stage events - 18,954

Seating for basketball - 18,449

Seating for hockey - 17,104

Seating for end stage events - 14,444

That's pretty nice!!!