The 1000+ (highrise) club

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^ yes it does, from what I heard the Fire Insurance is different for structures above 11 floors.

I have seen how Skyscrapers.com will include non-12 floor buildings if they are over 100ft. in height, just that checking the heights on many 10 or 8 floor structures is kind of hard (only the owners and ins. companies are privvy to that)

I too have tried to add to the site, and it depends which "editor" you get as far as being taken seriously, the data side was fine but when I tried to submit pics they refused.  Seems kinda of crappy to say NO to your customer base when they are trying to HELP you for free. 

Also most of the PITTSBURGH editors are based in CLEVELAND, great!  No wonder we get a bad rap. :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know 8 people from Sao Paulo who tried to join emporis. No way! The editors in Brazil are one in Rio and another one in Cuiab

I don't like how corporate lets editors from "rival" cities (if GE opens ONE office in Brazil you know the 3 cities its coming down to etc.) lord over cities in the "region". Just lends itself to abuse. Also the homerism is kind of sickening too. I'd alert corporate to the Istanbul thing thats whack.

Some of it is so arbitrary in that some city editors include every tower ever thought about and some city editiors only include the handful that ground was broken on but never materialized.

• 1 month later...

that is INCREDIBLE wow...

really puts the US in it's place (not to mention the rest of the world)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The editor for Tokyo is in Frankfurt. He has never been to Tokyo. But Toyko is expected to have >8,000 highrises! :wacko:

Archived