YOUR computer

Fruit Cove

ok just post what kind of computer you have/upgrades whatever...or if you built yours like i did you can post all the components. so ill start it off. i built mine in march of this year for my birthday...i had a pII 266 mhz or something sad like that. now im operating a

-P4/ 3.0E GHz 800MHz FSB, 1MB L2 Cache, HT.

-MY MB is an intel D865PERL-very reliable

-memory is Mushkin pc3200 512mb but im looking for another stick of this to get up 1g

-video card is SAPPHIRE ATI RADEON 9600 Video Card, 128MB DDR, 128-bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP, Model...works for me because the only games i play are the battlefield series.

-HD just got a 80gb western digital 7200rpm

-case i got a RAIDMAX Black 10-bay Case with 420W Power Supply. comes with led fans and everything. pretty awesome.

raidmax-868.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a Dell Dimension 8100. 1.4GHz- various upgrades have resulted in me forgetting what specific stats I have. They don't actually make these anymore, so I couldn't find a picture. I just recently realized that my computer will be 4 years old this January. Sigh. :mellow:

I have considered getting a mac for my next computer. One of my friends has an iBook, and it seems to be working out well. I kinda liked the iMac with the dome (G4). I'm not so sure I like this new one:

step2_imac17_beautyshot_0804.jpg

iMac G5

imac-g4-i1.jpg

iMac G4

But I haven't ruled out a Vaio. Those are definately cool, plus I have a Sony digital camera.

I have likes and dislikes on both, I think I slightly like the dome better (and not just because I just bought it).

I like the new one because, it is more powerful. I also like that the speakers are integrated and it comes standard with wireless keyboard and mouse. The styling I'm a little meh on. The big space below the monitor is displeasing, I like that with the dome I am just looking at what is on the monitor, there's nothing to distract from what's on the screen.

The dome I like how the monitor can be moved around. It's very handy to pull the monitor forward if I want to sit back and read somthing, or to turn the monitor to the side if I'm working on my other computer and want to refer to what I have open on the mac.

I wish the styling of the new one wasn't such a departure from the last one. They should have kept the basic design of the dome, and allowed the monitor to be removable for wall mounting or whatnot.

Archived