Bank of America Skyscrapers

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't say that. Most of these buildings were acquired (or at least their leases were) from other banks as part of take-overs.

I just thought they built quite a few buildings, too.

The one in Atlanta, for example. It was built for what becme BofA.

I just thought they built quite a few buildings, too.

The one in Atlanta, for example. It was built for what becme BofA.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The BofA Plaza in Atlanta was built for C&S Bank of Atlanta. The original design did not include a spire, the spire was added to the design to take the tallest title in the Southeast from then NC National Bank of Charlotte. A year later while both towers were under construction, NC National Bank bought C&S Bank and became Nations Bank. Nations Bank then bought BankAmerica of San Francisco and became Bank of America.

• 2 weeks later...

This is Little Rock, AR - you can see the B of A building on the far left and the logo is clearly visible. It is 25 stories, the 4th tallest building - all the larger buildings are banks as well. The largest, Metropolitan National is 40 stories and hidden on the far side of these buildings.

I live close to downtown Dallas and can see the eerie green from the B of A building here at night. It's one of the most interesting buildings here.

lrcvb_post_riverstroll.jpg

How could you forget about the BoA Tower in Seattle?  One of the most attractive imo.

DowntownSeattle156.jpg

seattle4067Medium.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So love this building! Does anyone remember when it was called SeaFirst & BofA acquired it (I worked there then [1989-1997] in California Retail Marketing)? HQ was THEN based in San Francisco at 555 California Street under my favorite CEO, RICHARD (Dick) ROSENBERG. THE VIEWS from 555 Cal are AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

LOL, sometimes it seems like Detroit is the only city without a BOA building.  That's ok though...I'd rather see Comerica Bank in the city as opposed to BOA any day.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am sure Detroit has a BOA building somewhere, it just doesn't have a BOA building which is signature, stands out, and has a comandeering presence as in most United States cities.

FLORIDA SKYRISE ORDER

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow, Columbia has a BofA, but Detroit doesn't. So Sad..... I think Charlotte's is awesome. I have seen it many times.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

People say that Atlanta somehow "cheats" with the very nice spire on top to gain the 1,028 ft. height but if that is the case then the one in Charlotte is also a cheat with all those little points and rods on top. Charlotte's is a very cool BOA building but almost too big for the city itself. Without Hearst it would really look all alone.

Archived