Bank of America Skyscrapers

Texas has some ugly skyscrapers.

What?! It's not like Houston's BofA is that ugly just because it has that gothic style art-deco to it, much like Atlantic Center. It may seem overrated, but it isn't as bad as you think in person. And as for Dallas, the BofA there is just a glass box; the neon really makes it shine. Speaking of ugly, though I did create this, IMO Atlanta's is the least likeable due to the batcage.

Anyways, more pics:

Houston

bank-of-america-1a.jpg

bank-of-america-4a.jpg

BankofAmericaCenter-001.jpg

houston12.jpg

Dallas

bankofa.jpg

wpeC2.jpg

bldg01.jpg

image036.jpg

LOL, sometimes it seems like Detroit is the only city without a BOA building. That's ok though...I'd rather see Comerica Bank in the city as opposed to BOA any day.

:lol: Jealous. Well, too bad.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

San Jose has what is probably the oldest Bank of America tower (founder of BofA was a San Jose native). I'll have to snap a photo of it but until then:

top row, second from the left

BofA is such a part of Bay Area history that it's hard for me to even think of this company headquartered in Charlotte as being Bank of America. It's really just NationsBank with a new name.

The best view of Downtown and Midtown would be coming from the North side of town, such as on Peachtree Street.  Pic courtesy of LSyd of SSC.  Note how BofA might be cheating to be the tallest in the world with that antenna! :lol:

29479797.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's a television tower in that pic. I live near that tower, BofA doesn't have an antennae on it, it only has a gold plated spire that, technically is a part of the bldg.

• 2 weeks later...

Columbia's may not be as tall, but I think it's more aesthetically pleasing than some of the ones I've seen, including ones that are taller.

Now, if Columbia can just get some high/midrise infill between the BOA tower the other cluster of buildings closer to the statehouse...

Charlotte. 871 feet. Tallest in the city; supposedly the BofA HQs.

Charlotte is the BofA HQ, and that is the building, indeed! Charlotte is also the HQ of Wachovia (formerly the HQ of First Union).

The BofA tower in Charlotte may not be the tallest BofA tower, but it is quite a beautiful structure, with the "Queen's Crown" on top, symbolizing Charlotte's nickname as the "Queen City."

tsoutside Posted Mar 21 2005, 01:21 PM

San Jose has what is probably the oldest Bank of America tower (founder of BofA was a San Jose native). I'll have to snap a photo of it but until then:

top row, second from the left

BofA is such a part of Bay Area history that it's hard for me to even think of this company headquartered in Charlotte as being Bank of America. It's really just NationsBank with a new name.

Bank of America actually has a deep history in NC, because its roots are also NCNB (North Carolina National Bank) which merely changed names over the course of taking over other banks aka BankAmerica which was Headquartered in California. The bank has always been HQed in Charlotte through its many mergers and takeovers.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived