The best places to telecommute

Spartan

Telecommuting heavens are places where people can do their best thinking, but not become so isolated that they would go crazy. They are places that provide reliable high-band Internet connections, nice weather, infinite hiking trails and a small airport close by.

City /Metro population/ House price

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems to me to be a list of well-to-do places that are relatively isolated from larger cities. People who telecommute tend to be well paid.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

my bad on the housing then. I thought I read in the article that they were relatively cheap. Guess i was on another category. I stand by my other comments.

My personal list of telecommuting havens...

Key West

South Beach

Las Vegas

NYC

Well, I guess I telecommute since I teach some college courses online. I live in a small MN town because it's cheap and easy. The housing prices are about one-third what's listed in those other places.

I think the vast majority of people who telecommute don't pick a place to live for any particular lifestyle reasons as the article implies, but most likely do so from where they already live. Most people have other obligations--family, etc.--which keep them put.

Archived