Gateway Building in Greenville

motonenterprises

If you remember, the Landmark building was a giant in its day. At the opening of its doors, it was the tallest building between Washington D.C. and Atlanta (or was it NYC and ATL?). Anyway, Greenville has been very progressive in the building/engineering field before now, so I wish someone would get down to business on this site's potential. If nothing else, at least create and unveil a concept to look forward to, IMO. :)

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Read in an article about the Camperdown condos, that Greenville is the next up and coming. Seems people know there is potential and looks like some are starting to tap into it. We're on the verge, I believe, of a building boom as far as high rises goes. Heck they even know about the strenth of this market out in L.A. yeah it was for baseball, but atleast the word is out.

• 2 weeks later...

I never noticed a For Lease sign, but anyprogress is good, how long has that site been idle? Like going on 8 years now right? Maybe the building Skyliner spoke of, very breifly, I must add in the other forum would be going up there. One can only hope.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There used to be a for lease sign at the end of the parking lot. The sign was in the ground. I noticed it because when i heard about the new building going there, i wondered why the for lease sign was still up. Last week i drove by the spot and the sign was gone. Hopefully this is good news and building will begin soon.

Don't get too excited just yet. ^_^ Remember, it was just over a month ago that another developer failed to accomplish a suitable plan. It takes quite a long while to get things moving before the public actually sees what is happening. That being said, take heart and don't give up hope. Something "grand" will very likely be built on this site. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Now I dont think he's that mean. LOL

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well its been about 30 days since the extension on the site was given, I still havent heard anything solid on it.

Skyliner, you still havent answered my question? What do you know about this site or another site involving something on a grand scale?

• 3 weeks later...

Has any one heard anything. I read that the federal courthouse was looking at the site. That could be the large tower we need if it still has to be the 260,000 sf that was previosly posted. Does anyone know when the decision will be final.

Has any one heard anything. I read that the federal courthouse was looking at the site. That could be the large tower we need if it still has to be the 260,000 sf that was previosly posted. Does anyone know when the decision will be final.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...ndpost&p=108862

A couple of weeks ago, it was announced that the list was down to three possible sites, including the Gateway Site. The final decision was to come within 30 days; therefore, we've got 15-20 more days before we know anything.

I wish that they would hurry this process up. I'm too anxious. I have my own visions for this site, so I hope i'm not let down. I want it to be something with a presence that makes you realize that this IS downtown Greenville, but also welcoming....

I believe many developers around the region and possibly even nationally have looked and are interested in this site. The largest problem that awaits following the decision as to which location to build the Federal Courthouse will be federal funding. At last report, it was said that nothing could be done until 2007 at the earliest. If the decision is made to build on the Gateway site, it is reasonable to presume that ten years may actually pass between the implosion of GMA and the construction of something to take its place.

This is one of the greatest arguments I have for wanting something extremely grand to be built on that property. The city must not waste this lapse of time on such an important piece of land in downtown by allowing something inferior to be built there. JMO. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived