Wierd Foods with Pumpkin Flavors!

Fruit Cove's friend

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tasty diabetic recipe for pumpkin pie that diabetics can eat due to low sugar. Will include shopping list.

1 1/3 c flour 2 egg whites

1/3 c sugar 1 c evaporated skimmed

3/4 tsp salt milk

2 tbsp shortening 1 tsp cinnamon

2 tbsp margarine 1/2 tsp ginger

4-5 tbsp ice water

15 oz pumpkin (in can)

This recipe makes about 10 servings and can easily be eaten by diabetics due to its low sugar content.

1. Mix flour, 1 tbsp salt and 1 tbsp of sugar in a medium bow. Cut in shortening and margarine until mixture forms coarse crumbs. Mix in ice water until mixture comes together and forms a soft dough. Wrap in plastic and refridgerate for 30 minutes.

2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Roll out pastry on floured surface to 1/8 inch thick. Cut into a 12 inch circle. Place in 9 inch plate and press edge.

3. Mix pumpkin, remaining sugar, egg whites, milk, cinnamon, ginger and remaining salt. Pour into pie shell. Bake for 15 minutes.

4. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until center is set.

5. Let stand at least 30 minutes before serving.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :rofl:

Just for the heck of it, I typed in "pumpkin beer" on google tonight, and it came back with 1400 hits. So it's not that common, but it is more popular than I first thought.

Hmmm...I wonder if they sell pumpkin beer over in Windsor?

Archived