Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fruit Cove's friend

Wierd Foods with Pumpkin Flavors!

39 posts in this topic

lol i cant beleive u really made this thread LMAO i thot u were jk

LMAO LMAO LMAO!!!!!!

But Really I want to know what is out there that people think is wierd. With Pumpkin flavor. I've never heard of pumpkin beer that's crazy.

I've never had pumpkin beer before, LOL. I had pumpkin pie once...I didn't like it, so I've never had it since.

pumpkin pie isnt really made out of pumpkin... is it? if it were, i wud be stuffing me with pumpkins cause pumpkin pies taste so awesome.

yea theres a certain kind of pumpkin used for pumpkin pie, not the kind you carve, allthough if you bake their seeds theyre really good.

Pumpkin seeds are really good. I don't know that we'll have many of those up here this year though...there were very few pumpkins harvested this year because of the strange summer we had.

has any1 tried eating a whole pumpkin(the ouside, and stem) without nearly dying? LOL

Tasty diabetic recipe for pumpkin pie that diabetics can eat due to low sugar. Will include shopping list.

1 1/3 c flour 2 egg whites

1/3 c sugar 1 c evaporated skimmed

3/4 tsp salt milk

2 tbsp shortening 1 tsp cinnamon

2 tbsp margarine 1/2 tsp ginger

4-5 tbsp ice water

15 oz pumpkin (in can)

This recipe makes about 10 servings and can easily be eaten by diabetics due to its low sugar content.

1. Mix flour, 1 tbsp salt and 1 tbsp of sugar in a medium bow. Cut in shortening and margarine until mixture forms coarse crumbs. Mix in ice water until mixture comes together and forms a soft dough. Wrap in plastic and refridgerate for 30 minutes.

2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Roll out pastry on floured surface to 1/8 inch thick. Cut into a 12 inch circle. Place in 9 inch plate and press edge.

3. Mix pumpkin, remaining sugar, egg whites, milk, cinnamon, ginger and remaining salt. Pour into pie shell. Bake for 15 minutes.

4. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until center is set.

5. Let stand at least 30 minutes before serving.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :rofl:

I've eaten my jackolantern before. We just fried it up like hashbrowns, with butter and salt. It was very good.

I was in college, I was hungry. It's a gourd just like any other squash. Perfectly edible.

Just for the heck of it, I typed in "pumpkin beer" on google tonight, and it came back with 1400 hits. So it's not that common, but it is more popular than I first thought.

Hmmm...I wonder if they sell pumpkin beer over in Windsor?

pumpkin beer... i tried beer and i didnt like it too much, but with pumpkin? iono...

A friend of a friend that tired pumpkin beer. I heard it is nasty.

i had pumpkin spice mocha from starbucks on sunday, it was gooooooood.

A friend of a friend that tired pumpkin beer. I heard it is nasty.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haha, I'll take your word for it then.

Yeah, I have never tried pumpkin beer...that just sounds disgusting - I haven't heard the pumpkin beer story Spartan...

:)

I have heard of pumpkin bread before...sounds pretty disgusting to me...so does pumpkin pie...yuck :sick: