What Two or More Cities Would You Compare?

Hartford / Raleigh / Columbus / Richmond

Um not so much, well maybe. For Columbus it might have elements of other capital cities, especially in its older urban core, but its downtown and overall city is way larger than these cities mentioned above. Columbus is more similar to Indianapolis in size and layout and history. However, it is really one of the first cities of the "midwest" so Columbus is a little bit more east coast than its other midwestern partner (Indianapolis), also a lot more liberal and gay friendly. Columbus also has some elements of a city like Charlotte but sometimes Columbus can remind me of a little smaller metro Atlanta. (especially in sections of downtown/skyscraper layout and "new" post WWII developement)

The overall city has bigger city limits, but if you take the metros, all are comparable, in my opinion. All are State Capitals, with similar metro sizes. Maybe I should have split them and compared Raleigh with Columbus and Richmond with Hartford.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The overall city has bigger city limits, but if you take the metros, all are comparable, in my opinion. All are State Capitals, with similar metro sizes. Maybe I should have split them and compared Raleigh with Columbus and Richmond with Hartford.

I don't know about that really..

Columbus and raleigh might have similar parts or aspects, but telling someone who hasn't been to Columbus that it is like Hartford, Richmond, or Raleigh is selling Columbus a little short, there are some better cities to compare

Columbus skyline1

FullSkylineW.jpg

Raleigh?

Columbus skyline2

OSUskyline.jpg

broadstrooftop.jpg

looking downtown Columbus from the Short North

bwshortnorthlookingsouth.jpg

Archived