Downtown Columbia Growing

emerging.me

It would be nice if Aflac moved more of it's operations to Columbia, but it does not seem like that willnhappen quickly if at all. Other than that, Columbia does not seem ti have a ton of prospects for big corporate relocation, particularly on Main Street. I think the conversation may act as a catalyst to development and in general having a higher occupancy rate bodes well for a city, so maybe commercial developers will be more inclined to convert the surface lots into buildings in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Downtown's office occupancy rate is improving as tech companies, Aflac and suburban companies seeking class A space move in. Further improvement is expected through the rest of the year and in 2013.

http://www.columbiabusinessreport.com/news/44782-alfac-group-innovista-helping-fill-downtown-columbia-office-space?rss=0

Downtown's office occupancy rate is improving as tech companies, Aflac and suburban companies seeking class A space move in. Further improvement is expected through the rest of the year and in 2013.

http://www.columbiab...ice-space?rss=0

So im guessing this might be good for seeing New Buildings being Placed in Downtown as more businesses grow.

PS. Wonder if Aflac is gonna look for a New Office Tower in Downtown or something.

So im guessing this might be good for seeing New Buildings being Placed in Downtown as more businesses grow.

PS. Wonder if Aflac is gonna look for a New Office Tower in Downtown or something.

I emailed Holder Properties and told them to jump on it. I also emailed the mayor and city council and told them to see to it that Aflac stays downtown.

I emailed Holder Properties and told them to jump on it. I also emailed the mayor and city council and told them to see to it that Aflac stays downtown.

Nice. i need to email them also. i think they will take it serious if more people from the city talks to them about that.

Archived